Chapter 7

Chris pov:
"FOODS READY CHILDREN!" Nick yells. We all get up and go sit at the table to eat. I take a seat next to Mallory... It's literally nothing weird I just enjoyed talking to her last night. "Okay..." Nick says questionably. Mallory pulls out her phone and starts watching Instagram reels. I decide to lean over and watch with her. She notices me watching and turns her phone my direction so I can get a better view. everyone knows them videos be waaayy too outta pocket and don't even get me started on the comments!  We both giggle watching each vid as we eat our breakfast.

I notice she paused the video to look up at Matt and nick slowly sense they were staring her down. "Sense when are you two friends..?" Matt says with a nasty look on his face. "What do you mean?" I know what he means... but like how awkward. Last time I checked, this my home girl and we go way back! "Two weeks ago you told mallory she should never have kids cause there gonna come out looking like funko pops with her big head ... what's new?" I did in fact say that... do I take it back tho? Absolutely not. Mallory chimes in "aren't you just glad we're not fighting anymore?" Nick and Matt shoot a glance to each other. "Sure... anyways" Nick goes on and on about the plans for the week for about 20 minutes.. kill me... but finally he finishes yapping and we're free from the table. Everyone gets up and throws their plates away after saying our thanks to the chef (nick) for cooking . I chill at the table for a little longer while everyone starts doing different things and scroll through my phone. When I go to head upstairs I feel someone tap my shoulder.