Plotting requires Food.

Harriet really wished that pumpkin juice contained alcohol. Sure, it wasn’t the healthiest coping method but a lot of adults seemed like it was working for them. Why were people so complicated?

It was bullshit really. Being stuck in a school full of lovesick idiots was not fun. Having her best friend broken hearted, not willing to admit it and bordering close to I-will-engage-in-self-destructive-behaviour-territory was even worse. Just what had happened between George and Draco? Whatever it was, they should definitely figure it out as soon as possible because it was hard to figure out a concrete plan with half her trusted people acting like kicked puppies.

Seamus was acting like he didn't mind faking a relationship with her, but the looks he shared with Dean lasted a little too long for that to be plausible.

Hermione and Pansy were currently of no use either, still dealing with Pansy's furry little problem. How long could that take?

Theo and Cassie's ghost were awkward to work with. They just - their sad feelings were inconvienient.

It was almost comical really. Her friends had become a mess and the mess had become a somewhat reliable friend. If someone had told Harriet she would work well with Ron Weasley on her team, she would have laughed.

Or hexed them.

Or laughed while hexing them.

She stuck a hand into the bag of crisps she had been munching on, only to find it empty. She looked at it in disbelieving horror.

"You traitor!" she hissed, before scrunching it up and dumping it in the nearest bin.

If she couldn't have at least a little Joy in her life, she was at least going to make sure someone was dragged down with her.

"Refill?" Ron Weasley offered her a Box of Fudge. "Mum made it. Says we all need some during these dark times."

Harriet took it, realising that maybe the world wasn't always a nightmare. "Thanks."

"Any progress?" Ron asked, pulling two more boxes of treats from his bag and finding them a table in the empty classroom.

The room was probably used for storage with various knick-knacks all around and things piled high against the walls with bits and Bobs scattered across the desks.

"Well, Draco's found the love potion and a recipe for the antidote. He's brewing it as we speak. Probably. He'd better be." Harriet paused. "And we need to get everyone back into a state they can work in again."

"Well, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon." He scrunched his nose. "I mean, everyone's been through a lot. I wager Pansy is still scared of herself and Hermione is scared Pansy will find a true mate or something. I don't know what was going on between Malfoy and George but they're distracted. That takes out Fred too. Get one twin and you get the other. What about your dorm mate's? Thought you were close?"

"Their busy with espionage."

"Oh." Ron grabbed a cookie. "Well it looks like we're playing with half the pieces then."

"We can win, I think." Harriet tugged on a strand of her hair. "We just have to play this right."

"You're taking your O.W.L's over Christmas, right?" Ron asked.

"Yeah?"

"Well, what if we got Diggory to stay at Hogwarts? You could give him the antidote. Potential extra piece. Then, while you're with the sixth years, you can look around for any students taking extra care to keep their arms covered. Those might be working for You-know-who."

"Sounds good. You should try cheering your brothers up. Maybe try getting Percy the antidote over Christmas. We should keep taking out the smaller pieces until then."

Ron nodded. "We have quite a few so far. Chang seems to suspect though. How do we take care of her?"

Harriet sighed and looked up at the cieling. Her green eyes lost focus for a minute before regaining it with a sharp clarity. "How opposed are you to getting your hands dirty?"

"Like, killing her?" Ron had gone a little pale, but didn't seem entirely opposed.

"More like being my second in a formal duel?" Harriet smirked. "We just need to give Diggory the antidote first."

"Guess Chess is on hold, huh?" Ron grinned.

"Nope. That's still on. I'm flooing to my aunts on the twenty-seventh. You're booked for the new year's tournament. If anyone asks, you go to a boarding school called Harrison's in Scotland."

"That's so close to the truth no one will guess, right?"

"Exactly."