Where To Go?

"I made a mistake giving him the stone, didn't I?" Harriet was laying on her back staring at the ceiling, Draco two feet away laying facedown staring at the floor. They had been reassessing their lives, as one did when one had no clue where ones life was headed and a paper with an Azkaban breakout of great magnitude in the papers.

"Yes." Draco said.

"Does that make me the bad guy?"

"You can be who you want to be. Don't let the patriarchy stop you."

"I mean in the whole war-ish situation."

"Oh." He rolled onto his back. "I don't think so. You were eleven."

"Still..."

"Don't be so hard on yourself. I doubt any other kid would have made a better choice."

"Look at you being all wise." Harriet mumbled.

Draco snorted. "It's my life's fault."

"Isn't everything?"

"Touché."

"Are you going to be telling your father about that?"

Draco groaned. "I'm never going to be rid of that am I?"

"Nah." Harriet grinned. "That's sticking."

"So?"

"So?"

"Where do we go from here?" Draco asked, rolling onto his side.

"I have no idea," Harriet admitted. "It's stupid. I always have a plan! I need to always have a plan. Why is this so difficult?"

"Maybe because of everything that's happened?" Draco suggested. "I mean, we made a lot of mistakes with trusting the wrong people, Jiyu and Cassie both died, the Dark Lord has the philosopher's stone, Percy Weasley and Cedric Diggory are under a love potion, you haven't completely trusted Pansy and anyone backing her in second year, Pansy is a werewolf now - making everything harder - and the circlet is her pack, the press is being censored, the dark is on the rise and  we're screwed. I'm glad we don't have to deal with the iris pendant anymore."

"Don't forget the PTSD and the Azkaban breakout."

"So, rock bottom?"

"It could get much worse." She shrugged.

"Let's not jinx it."

"Pretty sure we're already cursed."

"You really are Ms. Sunshine aren't you?" He rolled his eyes.

"Obviously."

Draco flopped back down on his back. "So how do we get rid of Riddle?"

"Heck if I know." Harriet sighed.

Draco stared at the ceiling as silence swept over them. They really were in a bad predicament.

"I made progress with Weasley," he offered after a minute or two.

"What progress?"

"Well, we've narrowed the potions down to three options. We also know roughly how it was made. Mum has Oliver Wood in her custody as well."

Harriet shot up. "That's brilliant! That's- that's wonderful news!"

Draco nodded. "She's finding out what potion it is as we speak. Shouldn't be too long."

"Have I mentioned that your mum is absolutely brilliant?"

"Whenever she isn't planning a party, yes."

Harriet nodded, thinking for a moment. Draco watched her leap from subject to subject in her brain for a solid two minutes before she spoke again. "Speaking of Weasley's, how's George?"

Draco sat up and curled into a ball. "I don't think he wants to talk to me."

"Why not?"

"I don't know. I've basically been accosting him in the hallways and he won't even tell me to shove off. He just makes excuses."

"Sure it's the right Weasley?"

"Yes! I can tell the guy I've had a crush on for god knows how long apart from his brothers!"

"Just checking!"

"Help me, Harriet!" He looked at her pleadingly.

"With a conversation?" Harriet was sceptical.

"I just want to know if he hates me or not."

"I don't think he hates you."

"Then why won't he talk to me?"

"Ask him that!"

"HOW?"

"I don't know. Kidnap him?" Harriet shrugged.

"No."

"Can't help you then."

"You're basically his younger sister. You can convince him." Draco begged.

"No."

"Try."

Harriet looked at him blankly and then sighed. "Fine. You look so pathetic I'm actually convinced to try."

"Thank you!"

Harriet shook her head, a small smirk on her lips. She swept from the room and went in search of the red-heads.