The Dumbledore Force Decimation Force Founded

Ron Weasley was sitting in his least favourite classroom. Professor Trilewany had taken a sabbatical thanks to certain antics. 

"I have seen your future!" Ron had announced dramatically, in the hoarsest voice he could possibly manage, as the professor had entered the classroom a week ago. "Your future contains anguish and pain!"

This had gotten the teachers attention. Especially since this was coming from a table in the far corner, eerily lit by candles of various sizes, covered in dark cloth and surrounded by three students staring into a crystal ball, hoods pulled over their faces and emitting strong Macbeth signals.

"I have also seen this future!" Blaise cried out, equally raspy. "You will perish horribly. Your future- Oh, it will not end well should you continue like this!"

"Your talent will go to waste!" Lavender Brown had sobbed, voice sounding like straight out of a horror film. "Oh no!"

Trilewany had at this point been freaking out. She had been shaking, her grip on her teacup painfully tight.

"But wait!" Blaise threw out his arms with a flourish that would have made Gilderoy Lockhart proud. "I see a solution!"

"I see it too!" Ron gasped suddenly, gripping the crystal ball in front of the trio like it held the answer to all his problems.

"You must - Oh, we dare not ask!" Lavender exclaimed.

"What?" Trilewany asked desperately. "What must I do?"

"You must travel! I see the fool! I see the road!"

"I see knowledge! The high priestess!" Blaise had added, "Untapped secrets and potential!"

"You must do this!" Ron had insisted, the hoarse voice act starting to hurt his throat. "It is written! Go now! Follow your path!"

Trilewany didn't need to be told twice. She dropped her teacup and raced out of the room to inform everyone that she must - unfortunately - take leave, for she was destined for a greater purpose.

Harriet was going over the list Ron had created. All the main figureheads he knew of and suspected were written on it, houses and families included.

She hummed her approval.

"This is more than I expected," she said.

"What were you expecting?"

"Less."

Ron rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll take the compliment. What are we going to do?"

"We need to remove them from their positions of power. One way or another."

"That sounds very dark."

"Probably is."

"I don't know if I'm comfortable committing any major crimes."

Harriet smirked. "You know that Penelope Clearwater is dating your brother Percy, right?"

"What? No wonder he never brings home his girlfriend. I thought he had made her up so Mum would get off his case!" Ron exclaimed.

"Nope. She's real."

"I thought he was gay!" Ron said.

"Maybe he's bi?" Harriet suggested. "Could be under a love potion though."

"Like Diggory?"

"Possibly. You and Draco make any progress on that?"

"Nope." he sighed. "Whatever Chang has him on, it's good."

"Probably had help making it. Or we need to look at illegal brewing methods."

"Why methods?"

"How you prepare an ingredient changes the effect it has. Y'know, like adding melted chocolate to a cake mix as opposed to chocolate chips." She shrugged.

"That makes more sense than anything Professor Snape has tried to teach in the past four years." Ron scratched the back of his neck. "So, what do we do?"

"Remove the minor ones with expulsion." Harriet decided after a moments pause. "Their doing the dirty work so we need them gone. We remove the foundation beneath the ones in the high castle and then attack them."

"Solid, but expulsion?"

"S'long as Hermione doesn't find out we're not in trouble."

"And by we you mean me because no one would dare go against you."

"You did."

"Big mistake. Not happening again. You'd outmanoeuvre me in - like - three seconds. Not at chess, but at everything else."

"True. You're good at chess."

"I know. Wanted to do it professionally at some point but if I lose, that's not going to work out. I won't make money off of it and that's kind of what my family needs."

"Give it a test run over summer," Harriet suggested as she began scribbling a list on the parchment. "Join a competition, see how you do."

"Entrance fee is around five galleons, and I need a rating first."

"Rating?"

"Estimate of player strength."

"How do you get a rating?"

"Play twenty official games." 

Harriet hummed in thought. "Do muggle games count?"

"Chess is Chess. It's the only sport that we can play in the muggle world as well. Bit more paperwork but it works, why?"

"Christmas Holidays, you're visiting my aunt with me."

"I don't think my Mum would approve."

"Tell her you're at Hogwarts or visiting an older brother?"

"Older brother could work. Charlie would help."

"Cool." Harriet grinned. "Now that's out of the way, we need to get some people expelled."

———————-

Don't come at me for this. Ron originally beat McGonagall at chess in the books (First year, enchanted set) so I think that has a lot of potential.

Do you play chess? I do but I'm really bad at it. The only rating I have is on Chess.com and it's from four games XD.