X | Cooled Down | X

Start from the beginning

"Just know that you are always allowed to come into my room." Dream said, and with that, she left him alone sitting on his bed. He felt relieved and noticed that his anger was gone. Just like that. The only thing that was needed for his anger to go away was Y/n.

The girl decided to first walk downstairs to the guests, before heading to her room. She quickly ran down the stairs as she memorized each step.

"Was Clay cooled down a bit?" The Queen immediately spoke up when Y/n entered the room. Everyone look up at her and gave her a curious look.

"Yes, he was. Also, I wondered when Sapnap actually moves in?" The girl walked over to her chair, so she could take a seat.

"Well, I assume he will be here within a few days. We will discuss the rest of it when we have breakfast tomorrow." The Queen answered the girl's question.

Y/n started chatting with Sapnap and Drista again. The little girl had moved over to Dream's seat as she knew he would not come downstairs anymore, until tomorrow. This way, they could all just chat with each other without having to raize their voice.

"Alright, I think we need have to go to our own castle as it is getting late." The King of Salona spoke up after an hour or so of talking. Y/n had had an amazing time with Sapnap and actually looked forward to him moving in. Of course, she knew that it would probably get a bit complicated at the beginning, as Dream clearly did not want Sapnap to be here, but she knew they would figure something out.

"I am really looking forward to moving in with you. I see you guys soon!" Sapnap gave Y/n a little kiss on her cheek once again and did some weird handshake with Drista. Y/n had no idea how that was a thing now but thought it was better to just let it be.

"We are all looking forward to seeing you!" Drista said as he was about to walk out of the door. his parents were already waiting in the carriage and the King and Queen of Edessa were waiting outside for him too.

"Not all, Dream probably doesn't, but that is something to worry about later," Sapnap answered, and both Y/n and Drista were laughing.

"We'll figure something out." With that said, both the girls waved at the male walking away. They did not exactly know what they were going to do, but they would find a solution.

"Hey, Drista?" Y/n asked as they were walking up the stairs.

"Yes."

"You might want to sleep in my room tonight?" Y/n was not sure if the little girl would agree with it but figured it was at least worth asking. The previous days, she had had a lot of nightmares about Technoblade dying and really did not want to sleep alone again. She knew that Drista could not help her not getting Nightmares, but she somehow felt a lot more protected when she did not sleep alone.

"Of course!" Drista was silent for a moment as she was unsure if she would say the next thing or not, "Is it because of nightmares about Technoblade dying?" Her voice was soft and calm, yet you could hear that she was nervous, asking that question. Before Y/n answered, she took a deep breath.

"Yes. I mean, he is in that hospital for so long already and it is not getting any better. I also, can't visit him very often and I just really miss him." The girl let out some tears and they rolled down her cheeks. Drista quickly pulled the girl into a long-lasting hug, before she pulled away, so they could both head towards Y/n's room.

"You like that don't you? You are just the sweetest kitten of all time." Y/n suddenly opened her eyes, to immediately shut them. The morning sun was bright and shined right into her face. She opened them again to see Dream kneeling in front of the bed, petting patches. The princess slightly jumped, as she had not expected Dream to be as close as he was to her, nor even to be in her room.