| mısţѧҡє?|

A/N: I FINALLY GOT TO UPDATING THIS STORY AND I'M SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. SOME OF THIS CHAPTER DELETED ITSELF AND I COULDN'T REMEMBER WHAT I PUT SO IT'S NOT AS LONG AS IT WAS. I'M SORRY, BUT HERE IT IS.

➹Keira➴

    The medicine woman's cool fingers gently massaged the poultice generously onto my healing wounds while I lay on my side and stared blankly at the opposite wall. The small kiss Jericho and I shared still hung heavy in my mind. There was no going back. That innocent action had changed it all.
    After the kiss, Jericho had been the first to pull away. The look on his face said it all. It was a mistake...he thought it was a mistake while I kept thinking he didn't want me. It was he who kissed me, but I felt that it was somehow my fault. I led him to do it and now--now he didn't want me.
He left after the kiss and I hadn't seen him in my room since then. That was hours ago and I had been alone with my thoughts.
    The medicine woman didn't speak as she applied the poultice to my wounds and I relished in the silence. I knew she had been silently assessing the situation the entire time, yet she remained silent. Most people took the elderly for granted when in reality they had the answers and solutions to almost everything.
     Her fingers left my leg and I heard her shuffling around as she began putting her things away. The door opened, however it didn't close and I felt the medicine woman's eyes take in my broken form. The door closed after a long moment and I closed my eyes feeling a lone tear escape my eye and trail down my cheek to fall onto the pillow. I felt so hopeless...so weak...so alone.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

➹ʝɛʀɨċɦօ➴

    The brandy from my glass slid down my throat warming it along with my entire body. The warmth the brandy gave me didn't compare to the warmth I felt when I kissed Keira. I couldn't believe I did that. I shouldn't have kissed her, but I did. It wasn't even a kiss; it was a faint brushing of my lips against hers.
    Despite it being such a small kiss, it sent electricity shooting through my body and my primal side wild. I felt things for Keira in that moment that I had never felt for her before...that I should have never felt for her ever. I thought only of her and her lips in that moment and my primal side was dragging its claws in my insides to get out and take what was his. What was mine.
    I was mad that she didn't push me away. I was furious that she wasn't mad at me. I believe that if she would have pushed me away I wouldn't feel this way. Damn, I still remember the little innocent and frightened girl I watched over all those years ago. She was a woman now; there was no doubt about it.
    She was a woman and would find a man to mate and marry. They would make love and she would carry his children. I felt a feral growl build and rumble deep within my chest at the thought of my Keira being with a man like that. My Keira.
    Something was wrong with me. After all this time, I was...feeling things for Keira that I shouldn't feel. I was starting to see her with new eyes and for once in my life I found that I was terrified. I shouldn't feel this way about her and I couldn't feel this way about her. I was no good for her. I couldn't protect her forever because one day I'd start to loose the fight in me and my enemies would destroy me.
    With me gone it would just be Keira and the pack. I needed to ensure Keira was safe and to do so I needed to be here for as long as possible. I needed to make sure she would be safe even after I was gone. The way I was starting to feel and see her would do her no good. I would do her no good. I hurt her and because of me she almost died. She almost died for me. I couldn't be with her because all I would do was hurt her.
    I was unsure of all the feelings and emotions boiling inside of me, but one thing was for sure...I wanted her. I wanted Keira just as much as she wanted me. I should have known that over the centuries she would start to feel something, or even grow a crush for me. But, I was a fool and didn't pay attention to the signs. I went through the centuries blind to her growing and unbreakable love.
    Even when I hurt her and almost sent her to her death, she stood by my side. Keira saved me when I had almost destroyed her. I almost lost her when I had vowed to always be there to protect her. I didn't deserve the love and undying loyalty she gave me. I didn't deserve her.
    From the moment I first saw that little brown wolf she had been a gift to me. Keira gave me something to wake up to every morning and fight for. She gave me a purpose. I fought and killed to build up a pack that I knew would ensure her safety and I was still fighting to protect it...protect her. Everything I had done was for her.
    And then Angie came, changing it all. She was a cool drink of water in a never ending harsh desert. I let her create a wedge between Keira and I. I let her pull me away from Keira and I will never forgive myself for that. Keira had blessed me with her forgiveness even after it was I who nearly got her killed. I started out wanting to be her hero, all that she would ever need. But, the reality was that Keira was my hero. She's all I need and all that I want. She was my blessing and what would surely be my downfall.

COMMENT...VOTE...FAN...SHARE???