| Տɦɨt'Տ aɮօʊt tօ ɢօ ɖօառ|

Our bodies tore through the brush and snapped twigs as they glided through the woods at a tremendous speed. We moved in and out of the trees and whenever we neared one another we would playfully nip at each other's noses and tails. This was what the night was for. The amazing feeling of freedom and power emitting from our predator bodies was only felt this way when we ran. It was a blessing that we could share the night with each other.
We sadly returned to the place where we had first shifted hours ago and I slipped behind a tree and changed back into my human form. I slipped on my baggy wool shirt and brown pants then tugged on my boots before emerging from behind the tree.
Jericho was just finishing pulling his loose white cotton shirt over his head and I caught a small glimpse of his god-like body. I looked down averting my eyes shyly and pushed a few loose strands behind my ear.
"Come on, let's get home. There is a skinned chicken calling our names," Jericho motioned with his hand for me to follow him back to our tiny cabin.
"I'm coming, I'm coming," he never let me stay out in the woods without him. He always said it wasn't safe, but you would think that since we are the creatures of the night we would be safe. Jericho says that somewhere, there is something much worse than us. We just have been lucky enough not to run into it yet.
"I just don't see why we have to stop running," I mumble under my breath and he pulls me close only to mess up my hair. I try to shove him away, which only makes him laugh a deep, husky laugh at my futile attempts to get away.
"Because even the wolves have to stop for supper, sweetheart," he answers and as if on cue my stomach rumbles. My hands fly to my stomach to silence it, but he has already heard it and grins with glee. "Told you so. Now let's go cook that chicken," he states proudly then sweeps my legs out from under me and throws me over his broad shoulder.
I've grown so accustomed to this that I don't even fight him anymore. In a world that only wanted to destroy me, I found everything I needed to keep going. He was my savior, my teacher, and my protector and I had a warm sheltered feeling nestled deep in my chest knowing that he would always be there for me and I for him. Nothing would take us from one another, I would make sure of that.
  **********************************
➶ҡɛɨʀa➷

I chewed mercilessly on the end of my pen as I gazed down at the maps laid out on Jericho's desk. For some odd reason, Jericho asked me to work in his office today and basically run most of the things he normally does. I was fine with that, he needed a break so I gladly told him that I would.
    I drew circles around the small spots near the border we hadn't patrolled in awhile and examined my work when I was done. There were a few blemishes scattered along the border, but not enough to be worried about. I would send scouts to look around these places just to make sure everything was fine and that there were not any Squatters camped out anywhere.
"Here, give this map to Isaiah and tell him to get two or three others and scout these areas," I handed the map to Tim who had quietly been standing by waiting for my orders and no doubt watching my body language that showed I was troubled.
"Yes, Ma'am, " he answered then left through the door to find where Isaiah was. I tapped anxiously with my pen and looked at the door waiting for Jericho to come in and even say good morning, anything. The first thing he did say to me this morning was: 'Can you do my office work this morning. I've got things to do'. Exact. Words.
No good morning or hey Keira. Not even a damn nod of acknowledgment. I growled and felt the pen give way in my hands with an audible snap that echoed through the room. I dropped the pen carelessly on his desk and made my way to the door and left in search of Jericho.
His scent was all over the house, but a strong waft of his scent floated from across the garden area outside. I walked out into the garden and heard the light tinkling sound of laughter that pierced my heart. He was with her. He should have said he had someone to do.
I quieted the growl forming in my throat and flexed my hands to push back my extending claws to help my animal keep at bay. "She is what you had to do?" I asked aloud and both of their heads swiveled and faced me. "Keira," Jericho warned and I crossed my arms at my chest.
"Don't mind me. Continue on with--with whatever you two are doing. I'm leaving," I turned on my heal and stomped my way back inside, jealousy burned in my veins and a pin prick was felt in my chest.
"Keira," Jericho called after me,"Keira stop." He grabbed my elbow and turned me around to face him. "What the hell has gotten into you?" He asked cluelessly. "Why are you being so rude to Angie?"
I shrugged out of his hold. "Just--just f.uck off okay?" I stammered like a little child. "Watch your language, " Jericho growled. "Ughhh, I need some air," I turned around and all but ran as far as I could away from him with him yelling my name. I was crumbling fast, he was destroying me.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
➶ҡɛɨʀa➷

I threw water on my face and stared at the tired looking girl reflected in the mirror. After our small argument, I went for a run for most of the day to burn away my anger. But, like all problems, when you put it to the side it only grows bigger.
A knock came from the bathroom door and I finished drying my hands then cracked open the door to see Tzipora standing their. "Girl, you're in some deep shit," she stated with a frown and a cocked an eyebrow.
"Jericho has been pissed all day and sent a few guys to look for you but they came back empty handed. He's been yelling at everyone all day. He knows you're back Keira and he wants you in his office now," Tzipora looked at me with pity and I felt my stomach drop. Shit's about to go down.
"Okay," was all I could say. "Good luck girl. I'll find you when you guys are done with your little chat," she said and I made my way out of the bathroom. "Yeah, if I live through it," I say with all seriousness.
"Ah, you're wrong for saying that. You know Jericho would never lay a hand on you," she gave me a reassuring pat on the back. "Yeah, I know," I sighed and left to go to Jericho's office.
When I reached his door my fingertips didn't even yet graze the doorknob handle before Jericho's voice boomed from the other side of the door. "Come in Keira," he ordered and I took a deep breath before opening the door and slipping inside.
He sat at his desk, leaned back in his large chair with his arms crossed and a frown on his face. "Hey Jer," I smiled.
"Don't. You. Dare." He drew out.
"Aw come on. Just drop it Jer," I sighed and sat heavily in the chair in front of his desk. He sat up straight and glared at me with his firery green eyes.
"No. We are going to fix and stop whatever shit is going on with you. First, you start acting weird when Angie shows up. Then you start acting like a jealous bitch." He says and I shoot up from my chair.
"JEALOUS BITCH?!" I screech out.
"Is everything alright in here Jer Jer? I heard yelling," a sickly sweet voice asked and I whipped around so fast that I got dizzy for a second.
"Yes, now get out we're busy," I say in a raised demanding voice.
"No, you can stay Angie," Jericho states and I watch Angie move from the door to right beside a now standing Jericho. I feel my nostrils begin to flare and know my canines are extending as well as my claws. I try to fight it, I really did, but when she wrapped her hands around his waist and stood on her toes to kiss his cheek I lost it.
My eyes clouded over and the next thing I know I'm clawing at my restricting clothes and then they lay in tatters on the floor. My bones crack and shift and then I'm running. I'm running like the devil is chasing me. People are jumping to the sides of the hallway and I think I even barreled into a small table shattering the bust of a statue.
It could have been worse. I could have attacked her, I wanted to so bad. I needed to kill something, I needed to taste blood to sedate the fury inside of me. Jealous bitch. He called me a jealous bitch. What is happening to my life? What is happening to me? What is happening to my Jericho?
I let out a helpless howl as I ran and began to stumble over my paws as tears began to blur my eyes. I never knew wolves could cry, I suppose today is a day of firsts. I fall into a heap on the dead leaf covered ground and shift back into my trembling human form.
I sniffle and curl into myself on the cold ground and stare up at the orange sky with my tear stricken eyes. I let out whimpers and don't bother to wipe the tears from my face. I'm breaking and the only person who can help me is the very one who is destroying me. I have no chance.
I close my eyes and turn away from the sky hoping that this is all just a dream, a nightmare, an illusion. Anything that isn't real, this can't possibly be real, yet somehow it is and I once again must fight for my life. This time though, I must be my own savior.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???