| ɛʋɛʀʏtɦɨռɢ աօʊʟɖ ɮɛ ɖɨʄʄɛʀɛռt ռօա|

|EDITED|

"There's a moment between a glance, and a kiss where the world stops, for the briefest of times. And the only thing between us is the anticipation of your lips on mine. A moment, so intense, It hangs in the air as It pulls us closer. A moment, so perfect, that when It comes to an end, we realize, It's only the beginning."

➶ʝɛʀɨċɦօ➷

When I sleep I'm normally the late to bed, early to rise type. This morning, this morning was different. After so long I actually could sleep. When I first cracked my eyes open for the first time I was met by Keira's room being bathed in morning sunlight. The second thing I was met with was a mass of wavy brown hair that haloed Keira's pillow.
After I gained my bearings, I realized that I was all the way on Keira's side of her bed. I had her protectively encircled in my arms and had her pressed against my chest like a baby and her face was nestled in the crook of my neck. There was something about her gentle breaths warming my neck and the way her small hand rested on my chest that set me at ease. Her pale colored lips were set in a pleased, dreamy look and the corners twitched every now and then. To say the least, Keira looked beautiful.
I loosened one of my arms from her side and gently pushed aside some of her dark hair from her face now able to see her dark lashes shadow her eyes. She didn't seem to mind that I was holding her or maybe it was just because she didn't know. In that case, I didn't want her to wake up with us in this odd position.
I slowly removed my entangled legs from hers and slid my other arm out from under her. Her hand dropped from my chest and she made a small whining noise from the loss of my body and the warmth it had provided. I quickly tucked the covers around her body and she gripped them tightly to her with a pleased sigh.
I couldn't help but smile at how cute and innocent she was acting. I slowly rose from the bed and went to the door where I turned around to make sure she was still asleep before I quietly slipped out of her room.
I went to my room where I threw on a grey t-shirt, my jacket, and some shoes before going back to Keira's room. I only slightly opened the door to check on her and saw her face buried in her pillow with the covers pulled up to her chin. I quietly closed the door and nearly shit myself when I came face to face with a smiling Tzipora who was carrying a tray of chicken broth, toast, orange juice, something that looked like oatmeal, and a plate piled high with pancakes.
"Is Keira up yet, I made her a big breakfast all by myself for her big day?" She grinned widely at her accomplishment. "No, but you can go in and set it down by her bed," I offered.
"Okay, by the way you look way better than you did yesterday, " Tzipora stated them slipped into Keira's room. What the hell did she mean by that, did I really look that bad? I just shook my head and headed down the hall to another hall that lead to my office. I did feel reinvigorated and I was going to use that advantage to get some work done before I helped Charlie with Keira.
"Hey man, didn't expect you back in here for awhile," Isaiah stated as he leaned over my desk and drew circles on a map. "I felt like I should do some work today," I replied and took in Isaiah's work. "Yeah, you don't look so tired and you lost the beard," he pointed out.
"Apparently I've looked like shit for the past few days," I offer a light laugh. "Try two weeks," Isaiah corrects. Damn, it must have been worse than I thought. "How's Keira, I haven't had time to go see her?" He asked.
"Better, Charlie is going to see where she's at with her healing today." I say and sit down in my chair and try to begin making sense of the madness on my desk. Isaiah takes the map and folds it up in his hands. "I'm gonna go send some boys out a little further today to scout around. Some of these places haven't been looked at in awhile," Isaiah explains and then leaves my office. I sigh then open my laptop to read the dozens of emails waiting for me.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

➶ҡɛɨʀa➷

My fingers dig into the side of the bed when Charlie's hand feels around my thigh. "Does it hurt?" Charlie asks and I shake my head 'no' even though it hurt like hell. He gave it a gentle squeeze and I sucked in air through my teeth from the stabbing pain. "Okay, okay, it hurts like a bitch," I hurry to say and he pats my leg.
My eyes meet Jericho's briefly who is standing at the end of my bed with his arms crossed. His face was clear of emotion as he analyzed everything Charlie was doing and saying. "Alright love, I'm going to need you to try and stand. I will help you stand and then we will go from there," he states and I nod.
Jericho comes slightly closer and I grab hold of Charlie's arm. "Easy, take your time," Charlie encourages and I slowly put my feet on the floor and put my weight on them. I take in a breath when my leg aches in protest, but continue to stand. "Now, let's try to walk around," he says and I slowly put one foot in front of the other while holding his arm tightly.
My leg had healed a great deal, but it was messed up so bad and would need a few more days to fully recover. "Good, now Keira, you don't have to if you don't feel like you can, but try to see if you can walk on your own," Charlie offers and I slowly release my grip on his arm. I have to try sometime so it might as well be now.
I take baby steps away from him and wobble slightly from having to depend on my legs that I haven't used in awhile. I try to move my bad leg once more and take another step when my leg collapses and I'm falling. Before I hit the floor Charlie scoops me up and walks me back to my bed where he sits me down. "You did good. You just need a little more time to heal," Charlie concludes but I see something that made my stomach coil: doubt.
"Jericho can I talk with you outside?" Charlie asks. "Whatever needs to be said can be said in front of me," I say calmly and Charlie looks at Jericho for permission. A few seconds pass before Jericho gives an unsure nod and moves to stand by my side.
"Your leg, it's healing, but it will never be as strong as it once was," Charlie says and my fears are confirmed. "Tell me something I don't know," I press knowing there is certainly more. He sighs and gives me a sad, pitiful look. "Keira, if you take another hard blow or get in a fight and are injured on your leg again, it may have to come off. You won't be able to fight and patrol anymore Keira," Charlie clarifies and I feel like I've just been slapped in the face. I'm a damn cripple now. I'm useless.
Jericho clears his throat. "What does that mean?" He asks.
"It means no more fighting or training. Nothing that could harm her leg. If she is hurt in just the right spot on her leg, it will have to come off because it will end up being useless and her bone could become infected. Her tissue and muscle are weakened now and it won't take much for her leg to stop working entirely," he further explains. Great, just fucking great.
"Can it be fixed?" I ask without any emotion. "Rehabilitation, maybe. That and a daily poultice from the medice woman may strengthen it, but your best shot is to take it easy," Charlie recommends.
"Thanks Charlie," Jericho says and my eyes fall to my hands laying in my lap. "No problem. I'll go get the medicine woman to make that poultice now. If you need anything just asks," he says and Jericho thanks him again. Charlie leaves leaving Jericho and I alone.
I didn't think it was that serious. Wasn't my body healing my wounds now? Anthony must have really bit the hell out of me. I guess that was his way of leaving his mark on the world. Jericho shook my shoulder lightly and I was pulled out of my thoughts. I looked up into his hazel eyes and saw concern in them.
"Hey, I called your names three times, but you were in your own little world. Are you alright? Do you hurt? Should I go get Charlie?" He rambles and I simply shake my head. "I'm fine. Could I just--I just need to be alone for a little while," I say softly.
"Oh, okay. Ugh, just yell if you need me. I guess I'll be in my office," he looks hurt now and that makes me feel even worse. I was a burden now. Just a crippled burden. "If you need me just, call for me," he says and reluctantly goes to the door. I nod and it seems to take forever before I hear the click of the door opening then closing.
As soon as I hear the sound of his retreating footsteps, I fall apart. Tears burn my eyes and make my face grow hot and I choke on my sobs. Oh god, I was a damn cripple. I couldn't do anything now without worrying about permanently messing up my leg. I was done for. A lame wolf was a dead one. If we had to fight I couldn't do anything, I was just a burden now.
I wipe my tears away angrily and bury my face in my hands. I never would have thought I would be crippled. I would much rather be dead than crippled. I was useless now. The heavy realization made my stomach ache.
I was too engrossed in my sobbing and tears to hear the door open and the quick footsteps that made their way over to me. "Keira," Jericho's voice caused me to stop my sobbing and I hiccuped while hiding my face in my hands. His firm hand rests on my back and rubs slow, soothing circles. I feel the bed shift with his weight and he gently pulls me into his lap.
"It will be alright. You can do rehabilitation and your leg will be good as new," he assures me.
"No. No, it won't. I'm not stupid, Jericho. I'm done for. You might as well start looking for a new second in command," I mumble into my hands.
Jericho gently tugs my hands away from my face and I look away in shame from him now being able to see my tear streaked face. He takes my chin gently in his hand and forces me to look at him. I sniffle like a child and look into his placid looking eyes. "You're the strongest person I know, Keira. You made it despite me being a complete f*cktard to you and you risked your life for mine. It takes some serious guts to do something like that and I guarantee you that I will never let you down again and that includes letting you give up on yourself, " he says with determination and rubs his thumb in gentle circles on my cheek.
His eyes search deeply into mine causing something inside of me to stir and quicken my heart rate. I swallow down my nerves and manage to keep my eyes on his. "I don't know how I would live without you. I couldn't live without you. You're all I have Jer, why wouldn't I risk my life for yours?" I ask softly.
His eyes visible turn into a slightly darker shade between green and brown and I feel his hand on my back grip the fabric of my shirt tightly. "What the hell is happening to me?" He asks more to himself as his eyes fall to my lips. Is he? What? I couldn't find the words as he leaned in, but then stopped.
Something happened to me. In a world that existed between those long seconds, something happened that stirred all of my emotions into driving me to lean closer so that we were just a breath's length apart.
Something happened to him. Something caused him to take that giant length and press his chapped lips to mine in an innocent way. It was fast, not even a full second before we quickly pulled apart and starred awkwardly at each other as I sat on his lap. As innocent and strange as that barely a kiss was, we both knew that everything would be different now. We had just crossed that very thin and fragile line and now, now things were not going to be the same.

A/N: OKAY, HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE STORY SO FAR AND IF YOU COULD, POSSIBLY VOTE IF YOU REALLY LIKE IT? THE LESS FEEDBACK I GET =LONGER TIME BEFORE I PUT UP THE NEXT CHAPTER. REMEMBER, WHEN I GET FEEDBACK FROM YOU GUYS IT REALLY MOTIVATES ME INTO DOING UPDATES TWO TO THREE TIMES A DAY IF POSSIBLE. UNTIL NEXT TIME,
~thedarkling♡♡♡