"Hey Chuuya?" Dazai started.

"Hm?"

"I... Wanted to apologize... For what I did. Y'know, leaving you like that all those years ago. I really do regret it."

"You do?" Chuuya asked.

"Yeah. Also, I think you look better without that hat," Dazai said.

"You've got to be lying," Chuuya said.

"I'm not," Dazai assured, grabbing Chuuya's hand and pulling him around to make him look Dazai in the face.

Chuuya turned slightly pink and pulled away, grumbling.

"Don't ever do that again."

"No promises."

Another silence fell over them, until Dazai noticed Chuuya shivering slightly.

"Cold?" Dazai asked.

Chuuya shook his head no, then shivered once again.

Dazai sighed and put his jacket on Chuuya, who took it reluctantly.

"What about you?" Chuuya asked.

"Me? Oh, I'm fine. And besides, if I get too cold, I could always have you warm me up," Dazai explained, a smirk present.

"No way! And make another remark like that, and I'll just go back to work!"

"Fine. Shortie."

Chuuya yelled and tried to hit Dazai, but the latter dodged easily.

"Chuuya. Look," Dazai said, taking Chuuya by the arms and turning him to look at what Dazai was seeing.

"What?" Chuuya asked, stopping when he saw it too.

The entire city was enveloped in the sunset, and they both had to admit that it was one of the most beautiful things they'd ever seen.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Dazai asked.

"Yeah, it is."

"That, that's what I feel everytime I'm with you, Chuuya," Dazai said, turning Chuuya back to look at him.

"I don't believe you, Dazai. If you felt that way, you wouldn't have left me the way you did," Chuuya remarked coldly, mainly trying to convince himself that Dazai didn't mean it.

In reality, Chuuya was scared that if he trusted Dazai, he'd only get hurt in the end, just like last time.

"Chuuya-" Dazai started, but Chuuya pushed past him and stormed off.

Dazai followed, feeling even guiltier than he'd already been feeling about what he'd done.

When he reached the hotel, he headed back up to the room as fast as he could.

When he got there, he entered to see Chuuya sitting angrily on the bed.

Upon seeing him, Chuuya stood up and started for the door, announcing that he was leaving.

"Wait, Chuuya. Please!" Dazai said, yelling as Chuuya opened the door to the room.

Chuuya stopped and turned around, his hat falling slightly to the side.

"What?" Chuuya asked.

"I didn't mean to get on your nerves. I just want you to stay, please. I don't want you to leave," Dazai said hurriedly.

"I can't do this, Dazai. I'm sorry," Chuuya replied, walking out the door.

Dazai looked down, feeling defeated. A few moments later, the door opened again.