Chapter 10: The Emergency

Start from the beginning

They took my baby girl to the local hospital of New York. I ordered Liam Douglas to make a turn and drive me to New York City Hospital, which he was already heading to. "When I picked up for you, the hospital was speaking and they didn't tell me anything aside from Adeline was in the hospital." He explained. I was kind of glad they only mention issues like this to related family members.

Liam drove full speed manoeuvring through cars and even kind of crossing red lights. I thanked God there was no accident for that, and no cop chase- well maybe he will just get a few tickets.

In five minutes of me silently panicking and tormenting myself, we arrive at the hospital. The car stopped in front of the entrance and I hopped out before Liam put the engine off. I speed walk in and that smell hit my nostrils. I looked around and walk to the front desk.

The lady looked up and asked me for my request. "I'm looking for Adeline Azalea Rosé," I rushed. I turned my head to the shadow that stood towering beside me. Liam Douglas.

"Yes, the five year old who came in about an hour ago." The receptionist read from the computer screen. "And you are...?"

"I'm her mother," I groaned frustratedly, with these useless people around. "Where is my daughter!?" Fine, I was loosing it.

"Second floor, room 215--" And that's all I needed before I was off, ignoring whatever she said. "--But you can't go in there..."

I made my way to the elevator, and pressed the button repeatingly- until Liam's hand grabbed my wrist for the second time today, to stop me from actually damaging the source to the second floor. He didn't say anything all the way to the second floor of many other floors, and I was pissed, because there was nothing to stop the torture inside my head.

What if something happened to Adeline? There were many upon many questions I couldn't answer but I knew one thing; I'd never forgive myself.

I- we found the door on the left side after getting off the elevator. There also was a reception desk to the right. On the left side of the left corridor was an empty waiting room you could see through and on the right of the still left corridor was three door with huge gap spaces, with numbers on them.

213... 214... finally 215.

As Liam and I neared the door, a nurse came out dressed-- it doesn't matter what she wore but it was nurse clothing. "May I help you?" She looked between us, when we approached her- the door more like.

Liam opened his mouth to say something but I didn't give him a chance. Sorry buddy, not today. "I want to see my daughter, Adeline."

After a glance at her clip board, she said: "I'm sorry that's not possible." These are those moments when your eye twitches and you try too hard to maintain strangling somebody-- in my case her.

All those moms out there must know what I mean from experience. They tell you; you can't see your child. The child you gave birth to, and they are forbidding you in a circumstance like this! "Listen this is an emergency and besides that's my daughter in there!" I shouted, pointing at the door behind her.

"Please lower your voice ma'am. No visitors allowed- or family. The doctors are running emergency tests." Did I just her right, doctors not doctor?

She left with a warning glare at me. This was hopeless, I'm officially lost. My poor Adeline must me scared. I threw my hands in the air and stumbled onto one of the waiting chairs in the white corridor.

"Sweetheart, your crying." Liam said blankly. From the corner of my blurry vision Liam's feet appear near mine, suggesting he sat down.

I wipe the tears under my eyes. "I'm not crying, it's just raining on my face." My head automatically turned away. Well, it was eventually turned to face a really beautiful face with glowing eyes, that somehow seemed familiar, by a hand under my chin. Our faces were so close, I could've sworn his forehead was leaning against mine. "I'm sorry," I blurted out.