"OK, we will do whatever you want. Get some rest now and I will prepare you something to eat."

Kanz wanted to argue but Maya shot her a look as she stood up, "No arguments."

Maya led her to her room and helped her lay down then said on her way out, "I will be in the kitchen, call my name if you need anything."

As soon as she reached the kitchen, the doorbell rang for the second time that day and she quickly went to open the door.

Her jaw hang open when she saw who was standing at the doorstep. In a second, she composed herself and glared at the person, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Alex looked at Maya with surprise, he didn't expect to see her, "I am here to check on Kanz, how is she?"

"None of your business!" She yelled, then she went out leaving the door partially open. She lowered her voice, making sure not to disturb her friend's rest, then said, "My best friend is in an unrecognizable state because of what your brother did, so you are not allowed to come here or pretend to be concerned about her."

His eyes flashed with anger as he took a step closer to her, "I am not pretending, I want to know how she is."

"I don't care what you want. Leave before I call the police." Maya stood her ground, she crossed her arms and looked Alex straight in the eyes.

"Just let me in, I will check__"

"What part of 'go to hell' don't you understand?!" Maya interrupted, her glare intensifying.

"Look, I am tolerating you because you are Kanz friend, let me in before I lose my patience." Alex threatened, his fists clenched and his eyes blazed with anger.

"Oh Em Gee, I'm so scared. Look here asshole, the girl in front of you doesn't give a shit so fuck off or I swear the police will be the last thing you will think about." She told him, then turned around and walked inside the apartment, closing the door without waiting for his reply.

"Bitch." Alex cursed lowly as he went to his flat.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Maya heard a short scream coming from Kanz' room and she sprinted immediately.

She went in to find Kanz sitting in her bed, her chest heaving up and down due to here irregular breathing and a layer of sweat coating her forehead.

"When will all of this end?" Kanz mumbled as she looked at Maya, who was still standing by the door, with fresh tears.

Maya walked towards her and hugged her tightly, "Soon." She promised softly.

They stayed in the same position for a couple of minutes until Kanz pulled back slightly, "OK, I'm done with this pity party." She said as she wiped her tears and looked at Maya with determination. "What's for dinner?"

Maya let out a small laugh, "Pasta with white sauce and chicken."

Kanz' tired eyes lit up once she heard her favourite dish, "Great! Let me freshen up and I will be out in a couple of minutes."

"And I will set the table." Maya said, making herself out of the room.

"Maya," Kanz called as she stood by the bathroom door causing Maya's steps to pause, "Thank you for being in my life."

"That's what sisters are for." Maya smiled and said, "Now go and take a shower, you smell." And Kanz laughed loudly for the first time in a while.

They ate their dinner, laughed and gossiped.

"I should start looking for a job." Kanz said, they were sitting on the sofa while Maya was busy choosing a series to watch.