VII : Destiny

Moo-Myung POV

"Tonight, you'll be lucked out"

F/N fainted and Mak-mun is on the floor, beaten. The only culprit who's behind this is a noble smug holding a sword.

"Another one? It seems fellow scum rats came to help their kind" I want to gauge his eyes out.

He swings his sword as I sidestep, avoiding his attack after that I disarm him which made him angry. The crowd seems to be shocked.

"How about we play a game?", as I draw a line with my sword.

" If killing low-born who sneaks in this land is the law then whoever crosses this line I made will suffer greatly. That is my law" I heard a snicker from the smug.

"Try it, I will fight you" that changed his mood, and ready to attack.

When the smug breaches the drawn line. I beat the tar out of him with a dull club, entirely avoiding his blade.

He attacks once again, and I knock him down with a flurry of strikes.

I kick his sword out of his hand and I ask calmly if anyone else wants to fight.

When no one else steps forward, I gently assist Mak Mun to his feet, and I was about to grab F/N, someone shouted.

"What happened to my boy?" I saw the owner of the gambling house.

"What about F/N?" as I saw him still unconscious. I can't risk our identity being exposed more. I have to do this for his safety.

"I'm sorry F/N," I said as we leave the place. I heard a laugh from Mak-mun.

"You know, I could beat that person if you wouldn't still come"

"Yeah, yeah" we both laugh.

"I wish we get to help F/N, I want to thank him for his help" I look back at the place.

"Me too, I want to meet him again"

After a couple of hours, Mak Mun and I arrive in the city's outskirts and decide to spend the night there.

When I return his necklace, Mak Mun appears unhappy, and he tells me that he spotted someone wearing one similar to his.

But Mak Mun simply sighs, noting that the city is littered with bracelets similar to his.

I refuse to let him mope, insisting that we need to confirm it first.

I help him to his feet, and we walk heading to town.

I just hope there is nothing worse ever gonna happen to us.

Y/N POV

-Dream-

"Hello"

"Hello Y/N"

"Who are you?"

"I am you as you are me"

"F/N"

"You are now part of me"

"Why am I here?"

"That is for you to find out"

"Wait, F/N, What do you mean?"

-End of Dream-

I hear thuds as if I'm in a carriage. My visions were a little blurry and as my eyes cleared and the first thing I saw was Su-ho talking to Uncle Jong-Ki. His other friends are also there.

"What happened?" I raise myself and they helped me. I feel a little dizzy.

"F/N, my boy, thank the Heavens you are well" he hugged me tightly but release after.

"You fainted and a man wearing a straw hat came to rescue, I think? He beat up one of Ban-Ryu's goons, grabbed his friend, and left", Su-ho spoke and I know that was Moo-Myung he was talking about.

"The important thing no one was greatly hurt except that Ban-Ryu's lackey" Su-ho elbowed his friend.

"This was a disaster to begin with, and the event that happened tonight was a last nail on the coffin," Uncle said.

"Do not worry, Merchant Jong-Ki, we will be informing the owner that this will never be happening again. We do not want to be involved in those types of chaos"

We talked for a while as I had fun talking to Su-ho and he's pretty charismatic, I might say. After a couple of minutes, we've arrived at Uncle's gambling house which is also near my house.

"This is where we depart," Uncle said as he down first.

"We can help you F/N, it is not much of a chore"

"I am fine, Hyu-i mean Su-Ho-nim" I bowed and follow Uncle.

"F/N wait" as Su-ho hold my hand and I was shocked.

"It was nice meeting you and I hope it is not our last" I just nod and I can't help to feel hot. Uncle grabbed my other hand and dragged me. I just waved and he waved back.

"What was that boy thinking holding your hand?"

"It was nothing Uncle, a friendly gesture?"

"Well, we are not going back there" I sighed and Uncle was a bit too caring ever since I fainted.

I arrived at the house after many tries of begging from my uncle. My cousin on the other hand was just pissed she was not invited. I just giggled at her but she kicks my leg out of annoyance. I ran fast and head to the washroom.

I remove my clothes and bathe after to ready for bed. Slowly, my memory is now intertwined with F/N. His dreams, thoughts, and problems he's facing on the daily basis.

I didn't know what was that dream about, I look at the sky, it seems that it was going to rain soon.

I pinched my cheek again knowing if this is all a dream but it isn't.

I changed to a comfortable one and headed to my sleeping room.

As I lay down, I sigh one more time. I pray that nothing bad will happen.

Third Person POV

Queen Regent Jiso orders her guards that Mak-Mun be executed after the queen regent's guard Hyun Chu reports that he saw a glimpse of the king's face on the night the assassin attacked.

Men are sent out with drawings of Mak Mun's face and orders to track him down.

Hyun Chu's men haven't been able to locate Mak Mun, but one of them claims to have spotted a man matching his description moving towards the East Gate.

Hyun Chu stomps his horse in that direction, intent on assassinating the man who sees the king's face.

Not knowing that one individual also knows the identity of the King's face.

How will Y/N's presence change the course of the story?

How will the fate of Moo-myung and the King change?

Let us see the destiny prevail...