Sitting here is relaxing, and as the time passes by the boys gave up and the maids help them dry off as they put away the spears, they only caught one fish.

" Gene " I said, he hums as he look up at me.

" I saw a freshwater crab crawl into your boot " I said, his eyes widened and he looks inside his right boot.

" The left boot " I said and his eyes panic as he quickly take off his left boot.

" Ah!, Fuck! " He screams and I chuckle.

The manservant behind him hold him balance to not have him fall in the stream, as soon as he takes off the boot there we see the crab pinching his foot, he groan and struggle to take him off. The others are having fun laughing and I laugh along with them, he finally got the crab off and sigh in relief before it pinches his finger.

" Ah! " He flicks his hand off and the crab flies off his finger into the stream.

" What did I do to deserve this? " He sniffle and the manservants help put on his boots.

" That's for the archery challenge " Ein chuckle as he puts on his leather gloves.

I laugh a little and take the last bite of my vanilla cake.

" So what are we going to do with the fish? " Laurence asked.

" Give it to the servants for them to fry, let them have their fill " Aaron said.

I notice some of the servants are smiling from that sentence.

" Ah! " I was startled when Olivia and Alecia starts screaming as they get up from their seats, so did Travis.

Laurence stay seated along with me, I look at them in confusion when the servants screamed as well.

" Snake! " Alecia points.

" He just wants the cake, let him have the cake " Laurence sips his tea calmly.

I look down at the table where I see a white scaled snake slithering up the table, I stand up and look at it.

" I'll get rid of it– "

" It's so cute! " I said as I pick it up and Ein stop in place looking at me in confusion.

His tail coil around my arm and I giggle to see his black eyes like pearl while his tongue goes in and out.

" Look at him, you probably scared him " I turn my hand to see his head to them.

" Are you crazy?! " Olivia asked.

" Scared him?, He scared me! " Alecia said.

" I'm not a fan of snakes either " Travis said.

" It's a ball python, he's harmless, I thought snakes are Scorpio's spirit animal " I said and hold him gently while he slither off my hand to my shoulder

He has a good length to go around me, I chuckle.

" Well not in my terms " Alecia said.

" He likes me already. . . .Aaron wanna touch him– "

" No!, No!, No, stay away " Aaron steps back and I stop in my tracks when he holds the spear pointing at me.

" Your all mean to him, he's just wondering around looking for food " I said and see him resting on my shoulder with his tail around my other arm.

" Your not afraid of snakes? " Ein approaches as he pet the pythons head.

" Our village is close to the woods, most of us often go in to collect herbs, we've encountered more snakes than you think, including spiders and other kinds of critters " I said.

He snickers and pet the snake when he slithers down my shoulder further and rest again, I take him off my neck and let him slither up tree far away.

" You guys are safe, sit down " I said as I take a seat at my chair.

" I'm going to take a walk " Alecia walks away and her maid follows.

" I'll join her " Olivia walks away in fear.

" I'm gonna go. . . .that way " Travis points the opposite of the girls, Aaron didn't say a word and follow Travis.

" Wussies " I turn to Laurence who just said that out loud the blow before sipping his tea.

I notice a manservant rushes over here catching his breath before bowing to all of us and face Laurence.

" My Lord, the new candidates has arrived along with reports from the northern boarders " he said, Laurence eye shifted to him before putting down his cup.

" Have them sent to my study " he stands.

" I'll see you next time, Lady Y/n " he bows to me and walk away.

The manservant stays as he turn to Gene.

" Sir Gene, Madam Bailey is waiting for you in the Summer Valley with the rest of the clan " he said, Gene sighs.

" Alright, I'm on my way " he said and the manservant leaves.

" I'll see you tomorrow, as for Lady Y/n, I'll see you whenever " he takes my hand and kiss my knuckles.

I smile and he let go of my hand as he leaves, a few maids and manservants here follow him, putting my hand down, I wipe the saliva on my skirt.

" . . .ew. . . "

" Looks like it's just the two of us " I look at Ein as he has his elbows on the table and his hands under his chin.

" Seems like it " I said and pick up my cup of tea then take a sip.

" So, what topic shall we talk about? " He asked as a maid pour him a cup of tea, while I put down mine.

" Just now, the man mentioned something about reports from the northern boarders to Laurence, I've heard there's some who entered the city, what's really going on? " I asked, he snickers.

" The northern boarders are known to be dangerous because of their unwillingness to comply along with their way of living " he said.

" The dragon arenas, potions and spells, I've heard of it " I said.

" They're people are also not to enter our kingdom without a permit, the permit they need is their oath to never break any of our Zodiac kingdom rules, we also have a permit token to enter their kingdom " he said.

" A few days ago, we have messages from the northern boarders guards that three people entered without permits, we've sent scouts to the entire kingdom, so far they haven't been found "

" Have they checked the ones who entered? " I asked.

" The ones who enters must show their token to prove they entered legally, those without are the dangerous ones " he said.

" I take it the queen is furious? " I asked, he nodded.

" Their kingdom are close to like ours, we have magic here " I said.

" The magic in between our kingdoms are different, we were born with them as a gift we inherit from our ancestors for generations, as for them, their magic are from practice, like you say spells, potions and arenas " he said.

" What are the chances we go to war because of the break in? " I asked.

" Very high, this isn't the first time, it's becoming frequent, the rumors spread around fast and more northern people started breaking in without permits as well, everyone is on high alert " he said.

" I see " I said.

" You don't hear rumors much don't you? " He asked, I look at him and shake my head with a light smile.

I see a maid holding the new refilled teapot and refill Ein tea.

" I don't really pay attention to my surroundings, mutters and whispers are usually bad news " I said, he chuckles.

I know this is a Zane X Reader but we'll get there, just need to get some preemptive measure *wink*

Bye!

ฅ'ω'ฅ

~ Mariko