Five.

A lot was taken out of me last night. Thoughts of Sammy were enough to send me over the edge multiple times. When I woke up, it was nearly noon and I was sprawled out across the bed. I soon realize it was the sound of my mom's 1970's records that ripped me from my slumber. And she only ever used to play them when it was a cleaning day.

I groaned and put the pillow over my face. I just needed a couple more hours of sleep. But it was thwarted by the noise. She didn't believe in sleeping past 9 AM, 10:30 the latest. And she always felt the need to make as much noise as possible even though I'd still be sleeping. All my life. Nothing to do this morning? Well then! Go in the kitchen and bang on all the pots & pans to make as much noise as possible!

The sound of my mother laughing now had me curious and I rolled out of bed. I walked down the stairs like a zombie, one step at a time. There was a quick flash from the living room and once I turned the corner, there was my mother messing around with her old Polaroid camera, taking pictures of Sammy in a retro vest. The song 'Brick House' was playing in the background. It's her favorite.

"Oh, Harlow," mom exclaimed. "You're awake! Doesn't Sammy look good in your Uncle Bobby's old vest?"

"...What is he doing here?" I asked with clearly messy bed hair.

"Hello to you too, Harlow," Sammy laughed.

"Oh, sorry. Hi, what are you doing here?"

"He came by to bring you something but since you were still asleep, he offered to help out with my Spring cleaning," she informed me.

"You've been attempting to Spring clean for years now," I said.

"Well I guess I have Sammy to thank," she said. "Now go get dressed and help out too."

Sammy completely turned toward me, his back facing my mom who wasn't paying attention at all. He bites his lip while looking at my thighs and I glare back at him. Why is there no escaping this guy?

//

Eventually I got dressed and left my room. I hesitated so much because I knew being in the same room with Sammy was just asking for it. Everything he did was a temptation for me. And it was all risky being that my mother was right there with us, completely oblivious to it all. The sexual tension between Sammy and I was extremely high. Even while I was on the stepstool, reaching for things on the top of the shelf, Sammy decided to stand right next to me. His head was conveniently placed around my hips and the dirtiest thoughts plagued my mind even though they didn't need to.

"Okay I have to run to Goodwill and then the Pawn shop," my mother spoke after she came back in the house. "Car's all loaded. You guys can stay here until I get back and work on the dusting."

"Oh," I shouted, climbing back down. "I-I can go for you. You stay here."

"No, no," she fanned me off. "I have a certain way of negotiating. I'm getting every cent deserved for some of those things. I'll be right back. If you kids get hungry, there's sandwich stuff in the fridge."

She grabbed her purse and was out the door fast as lightning.

"You really don't wanna be around me huh," Sammy said without his usual grin.

"It's not that," I sighed. "It's..."