9

Hiccup's P.O.V
I was drawing Toothless because I was bored and I noticed Y/n asleep. I smiled and noticed I ran out of ink. I sighed and walked over to Y/n. He woke up and looked at me. "Want to go for a walk?" I asked and he sat up. "Alright" He said and we walked outside. We walked to the docks and saw Trader Johannes boat.

Your P.O.V
Hiccup and I walked down and Johanne noticed me. "Well if it isn't Y/n L/n! My favorite dragon on Berk! How are you?" He asked. "Good actually. Any books I can read?" I asked him. "Well, I went to an island and it looked like it was destroyed, I found this book" Johanne replied and gave it to me. I opened it and was shocked.

"This was my fathers book..." I said and Johanne smiled. "I was a dear friend of Mr and Miss L/n, Y/n. The last time I saw them was...10 years ago" Johanne said and I smiled. "And Y/n, don't worry about trading with me. It was your family's after all." Johanne said and I smiled. I walked over to Hiccup and he smiled. "What you got there, Y/n?" Hiccup asked me. "A book from my father...Trader Johanne was a dear friend to my parents" I replied and I sneezed.

"Bless you" Hiccup said and I smiled. A while later, I walked into the arena with Hiccup and I was watching everyone shoot the statue. Toothless and I blasted it but it didn't leave a mark. Toothless kept sneezing but I was coughing badly. "Y/n! You alright?" Hiccup asked and everything hurts. I groaned and coughed again. We went flying but I crashed into the ground like Toothless did. "Maybe they have a cold or something?" Hiccup said. "Do dragons get colds?" Astrid asked. I stood up and fell again. "I don't know but it's affecting Y/n as well" Hiccup replied and layed my head on his lap.

We went home and Goober was going to feed us something but Toothless sneezed and split it. I coughed again and I was in pain.

Hiccup's P.O.V
Astrid burst into the house and told me to come out. The dragons were doing the same thing that Toothless and Y/n were doing. "How do we stop this?!" I asked. "Gothi! She'll know what to do!" Gobber replied with a smile. Y/n coughed and I was worried. Gothi came down and looked at Y/n and Toothless. Y/n layed his head on my shoulder and I higged him.

"Gothi says the dragons are allergic to something that's new to the island" Gobber said and I was confused. "But Trader Johanne was just here!" Astrid said and Y/n stood up. "In...my book...something in there...might help us..." He said and fell. I caught him and sat down again. "Gothi says to get rid of everything immediately." Gobber says for Gothi. "Other wise it's going to get worse...The dragons are going to get sicker..and Y/n.." Gobber said. "He's not going to survive..." I hugged Y/n and he groaned, coughing.

Your P.O.V
The next day, I was laying next to Hiccup and I couldn't get comfortable. Hiccup sat up and petted my head. "Y/n..." Hiccup said and I coughed again. Toothless sneezed and shot a fire ball. Hiccup layed back down and hugged me again. "Hiccup..." I whispered and coughed again, making me roll off the bed and coughing up blood. "This is bad..Y/n come with me." Hiccup said and helped me downstairs. He layed me down and placed a pillow underneath my head.

Hiccup petted my head and walked out. About half an hour later, Stoick walked in and knelt down. "Poor guy..what do you think happened?" Stoick asked Hiccup. "I don't know, you got rid of all the new things that were on the island." Hiccup replied and I sat up. "Easy now, Y/n" Stoick said and I groaned. "This morning Y/n coughed up blood. He's not getting better dad. I'm worried!" Hiccup said and sat down near me. Toothless walked down and layed next to me.

"Hiccup...the flowers...they're new to the island.." I whispered and Hiccup had an idea. Hiccup kissed my head and walked out with his father. I petted Toothless's head and hummed a song that my mother use to sing to me when I was a child. Hiccup came back after 10 minutes and petted my head. "Y/n, can you tell me about the Scauldron?" Hiccup asked me.

"They have...venom like...snakes and..spiders that can be....used as an antidote...for dragons..." I replied with a cough. "Thank you, Y/n. Now get some rest. I be back before you know it alright?" Hiccup said and I grabbed his hand. "Be careful...please..I don't want to lose you like I did with my parents...." I said and Hiccup kissed my head. "Don't worry. I will" Hiccup said and walked out.

Hiccup's P.O.V
We were on the boat to look for a Scauldron. Mildrew was also with us because he was the one that planted the blue oleander. I threw the flowers into the sea to get the Scauldron to come to us. After a good hour, Mildrew was complaining and I was getting annoyed. "Alright, here's the plan. Gobber and I will grab the Scauldron by the neck and horn. Sephen will throw the barrel into its mouth to secure its mouth open. Hiccup..." Dad said and looked at me.

"Grab the bucket and pour the venom into it, I know dad" I replied and I noticed the Scauldron circling the boat we were on. It popped its head out of the water and I threw the flowers onto the deck. Mildrew was still complaining and Gobber grabbed the dragons neck with a rope while dad grabbed its horn. Dad grabbed its tail and I grabbed dads rope. "Mildrew! Grab the bucket!" Dad yelled at him. "What! No!" He said. "Grab the bucket or I'll throw you overboard myself!" Dad yelled back and Mildrew grabbed the bucket.

The Scauldron was going to spray its hot boiling water and we took cover. Mildrew screamed and the Scauldron bit him and went. I sighed and looked at the water. "We didn't get the venom.." dad said but Mildrew screamed out in pain. "Oh yes we did!" I cheered and laughed. "Get this poison out of me!" Mildrew shouted. "Oh, we will." I replied and we went home. We watched Gobber take the venom out of Mildrews butt and I sighed. Gobber walked out and was said. "Take this to your dragons. I'm going into the forest to scream." Gobber said and walked away.

We took the venom to every dragon and I sat with Y/n and Toothless. Dad walked in and was worried. "Relax dad. It's going fo be fine" I said to him and he walked out. Y/n woke up and I smiled. We stood up and walked outside. "Dad. They're coming around!" I said and the dragons were feeling better. "How you feeling Y/n?" I asked and he nodddd. "Still in pain but I'll be fine. Besides, I have you to look after me." Y/n replied and hugged me. I smiled and closed my eyes. The next day, I was drawing Toothless again but with a pencil this time. Y/n was reading and Toothless, well he was in a cheerful mood.

Y/n smiled and I petted his head. "A poisonous flower, a deadly dragon and Mildews butt. I didn't think to see all 3 things on the same day.." I said and Y/n laughed. "I wish I could of seen that. I heard Mildrew scream from here." Y/n said and we laughed happily.