"Kyle NO-"

He cut her short as he smashed the vase over her head, knocking her out as Shaun stares at him in shock, aghast he would do such a thing, but this rage had been bottled up the day he turned 9.

"Oh my god...is she dead?"

"If she is, it was a long time coming" Kyle said, feeling sick to his stomach, but moves on anyways. 

After he leaves the house with his brother in hand, they begin a run towards the road leading to Fordwich. But before they could leave, a gunshot zipped through Kyle's ear from behind, making him fall to the floor clutching the right side of his head.

He wasn't deaf, but the sound was so deafening he couldn't even hear his screams in his right ear. Shaun kneels down beside his brother, yelling things he couldn't understand, the blinding pain was worse than anything he'd ever felt. But after a minute of deafening silence the rain outside had began to pour and it was just like the day he discovered Zaynes sanctuary, his grandfather was aiming his gun at the boys with an angry look on his face.

"I never wanted this...but you made me do this...it'll always be your fault"

He tentatively teases the trigger, but the charging Zayne in wolf form had attacked him from behind, grabbing a tight hold against his ankle and ragging it away from Shaun and Kyle. He was screaming against the wolf as Shaun tries to heave Kyle up off the ground so they could run together.

While there was now a great distance between them, and with a broken ankle he wasn't going to be running or driving anytime soon. Now was the time to leave.

"Get up Kyle! now is our chance!"

Clutching the remnants of his right ear, he gets up and begins to walk away, then starting into a hobble as Shaun put himself under Kyle's arm, and was brunting his weight as much as he can, he wanted to pass out, but not before he got his brother to safety.

They had been walking for 5 minutes and they were already a great distance from the hut before Zayne finally joins them, scaring Shaun half to death.

"What the FUCK?!" he exclaimed, jumping back from him. But Zayne was more concerned with the bullet wound he watched Kyle take. He sighs and sits on the ground on the opposite side of the wall, avoiding any sudden explanations about Zayne.

"Shaun...this is Zayne" 

"You named it? it killed our chickens and just attacked Grandpa!"

"Shaun he deserved that! and it was a good thing he was on our side because it wouldn't have worked without him"

Meanwhile, while Kyle's pain was slowly dying down, Zayne approached and licked his wound.

"Stop...I'm fine" Kyle assured the wolf who looked good and ready to change back to a man.

"And dont turn...not in-front of Shaun" He says, making Zayne bow his head, feeling himself about to pass out from the pain. Black vision surrounds him and he was drifting off into a sleep he'd never experienced before. His memories was fuzzy but he remembered the sounds of Shaun heaving Kyle's body on top of Zaynes back.

Kyle could feel his fur underneath his fingertips, it was like stroking a million puppies at once. And Zayne didn't mind carrying him as a man, but it would've looked strange for a naked guy to carry another dude who was bleeding from the head. And after about an hour of walking, and the insistent chattering from Shaun's nerves, they'd made it to the green gate.

 After discovering the key to the lock pad underneath a small cluster of well placed rocks, unlocking the gate and strolling into the sanctuary Shaun was amazed at what he was walking into.  The entrance to the brush was larger as if someone had shaved off the straggled twigs around it.