Yoga-nna Accept My Apology?

Start from the beginning

"Jerk?" I said looking at my phone. "The nerve some men have." I told Marlene who gave me a confused look, "That was this douche bag from Human Resources giving me attitude."

I sat beside her and pressed play on the dvd player, "Well, that's how some guys are."

"Let's start now by getting in a Lotus position... Breathe in... And out... Let the stress leave your body. Relax your soul. Ancien.."

"All guys are dickwads." I said with my eyes closed and my legs folded on my lap.

She agreed, "He just needs a good lay. When you go see him ask if he does yoga and if he does, tell him I'm here for him."

"Let's lay flat on our backs... Bring your legs up infront of you... In the air, assume a squat position... at the arch of your feet, place your hands there, holding them. This position is called the Happy Baby Pose... It relieves the tensions from..."

"Ugh." I moaned, "You're nasty. I don't think anyone wants to lay an egotistical jerk who thinks he can be rude and better than everyone." Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I was beginning to feel very comfortable that I didn't want to leave this position. "Can you get that please?"

"Sure thing." Marlene said standing up and walking to the door. I continued to close my eyes and hold the position. Funny how seconds ago, I was feeling some stress. Now, I was relaxed as ever, "Speaking of egotistical jerks... Look who's here."

I opened my eyes as Brian appeared in the doorway of the living room with a smirk. "I remember being in that position with you."

Quickly, I got out of the baby pose and stopped the dvd. I was feeling embarrassed. Of course he'd be the one to find me in a position that he's seen me in before... "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to talk. But I see that you're busy so I'll-"

"No, she's not busy." Marlene said walking over to her yoga mat and rolling it up. "I was actually just leaving."

"What are you doing?" I whispered through my teeth. I didn't want to be left alone with Brian. Not after he almost stopped the circulation in my arm... Woah, there I go again jumping the gun. Relax...

"I need to go. I have a... meeting." She picked up her stuff and headed for the door, "See you later. It was nice seeing you Brian."

"Bye Marlene." He said as she closed the door. I awkwardly stood there, forgetting I ever learned to have manners, "Yoga, huh? Jimmy once tried that with Jason and Johnny. It really didn't work out because they were drunk."

I nodded and started to roll my mat up, "So uh... What's up?"

"Nothing. Just came to say hi. Haven't talked to you in a while. I acted like a total dick with you when you tried to talk to me. So I'm here now. I think I've given you enough space." He took a seat on the couch.

"Oh. I thought you just came to apologize or something." I placed the mat behind the television set, then sat down in the couch infront of him.

"Apologize for what? I didn't do anything wrong. I was drunk. Drunk people say and do stupid shit. I did mean what I said though." My jaw dropped, surprised that he'd even think those bad things about me. "I'm kidding Jackie. Your face was priceless." He giggled, "I am sorry. I was drunk and I did say stupid things. I'm really sorry for hurting you actually. It wasn't my intention..."

"But?" I said, urging him to continue since it sounded as if he wasn't done.

He shrugged, "But nothing. I went too far by grabbing your wrist. I was just really stressed. It was Jimmy's birthday. We were discussing the tour coming up. It's stressful. I just wanted to drink and have fun. Unfortunately, I didn't have any fun."