SPECIAL CHAPTER

[new timeline]

Promises are always shallow and broken promises are the reason why people are scared to trust again - It is always that this phrase often comes into my mind whenever I'm all alone. It's as if that phrase was imprinted inside me, or maybe someone programed it on me. Sometimes, I wonder why but sometimes I don't. 18 years of living my whole life, I haven't yet experienced being broken, or had my trust broken by someone whom I trusted. I rarely trust someone - and it's a matter of fact. 

I only trust my beliefs and that is my principles of being a ninja. I serve the Lord Hokage, I serve the village but sometimes I feel like I once served death. 

"Uchiha Itachi died fighting a rouge shinobi from the mist." 

Sunlight was covered by the gloomy clouds. It's as if the clouds knew that the people below them are mourning and decided to take an action that sunlight is not appropriate for the mood. 

In an instant after hearing the news of my fellow ninja died, I found myself in front of the KIA stone. An oddity - might I presume. I am someone who doesn't possesses compassion. Maybe I feel bad for the clan's heir to die early and young. He's about my age, I guess. This is the first time I joined them mourning over someone's death. My heart aches whenever I hear his family's cries. 

Something I can't understand. 

They are not related to me, nor am I. I just knew them as a colleague. Nonetheless, they are all strangers. 

I was down on my knees, still looking in nothingness while my back leaning on the KIA Stone. I'm not crying like what Uchiha Mikoto and Uchiha Sasuke was doing. I don't even know what am I doing, or why am I even here but body language tells me that I should stay until Uchiha Itachi's name finally carved in the stone. 

Something inside me doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that I feel relieved after they finally carved his name on it. It was obvious that he'll be named hero for protecting the village against rouge but to this extent that I'll feel relieve like this? Absurdity. 

"Reika" a voice interrupted my peaceful slumber. It was from Uchiha Shisui -  a comrade of mine. we belong to the same unit before but ever since the Hokage requested me to regroup with the Assassination unit, we rarely met. "What are you doing here? Lord Fugaku was here." 

I stood up, gently wiping my but to assure that there has no trace of dirt from sitting on the ground, "yeah, I saw him with his family." I told him. "It's not my intention to listen to their cries. I just find it troublesome to stand up and leave so I stayed." I shrugged. 

"I see. Everyone's mourning." He said in his mournful voice. Probably because he was Itachi's best friend and closest cousin. I heard they often teamed-up because their abilities matched up whenever they're together. They were proclaimed as prodigies, in lined with Hatake Kakashi. 

"Well, it's Itachi." I paused after whispering that. Thankful that Shisui didn't heard that. 

'It's Itachi'? I repeated my words. It's not I knew him personally but to utter that word? This day is surely odd. I know that he was a great and fine shinobi. I heard that he once prevented something chaos inside the village with the help of someone I don't know. He was great - it's a confession from me. I heard a lot of great things from him, so maybe that's the reason why I also find myself mourning over his death. He's a great loss because he is Uchiha Itachi. 

"How about you? What are you doing here, Shisui?" I asked him after contemplating. "Aren't you supposed to be in cemetery rather than here?"

"I waited until his name was carved." He answered without hesitations. Again, the feeling of being relieved emerges inside me. It's as if my feelings corresponds to how Shisui valued Itachi. It was as if I am glad that someone remembers him as a hero and not just... not just what?