13 - ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇᴡᴏʀᴋs

~•~

A few days have passed since the schools have began training more to improve their skills. With every day that passed the more you and Bokuto grew closer. Your team were surprised to see you so interested in the ace of Fukurodani. However it was no surprise to Kuroo.

Whenever Bokuto would go into his emo mode, Akaashi made sure to call you over for a few minutes to comfort him. Bokuto would often miss his shots on purpose just so he can see you. But he knew if you kept coming over to tend to him, he would get a scolding from his coach to stop bothering you from managing your team.

It was finally the day where all the schools would celebrate their hard work. Everyone was outside enjoying their barbecue.

You glance at Bokuto from afar who was sneaking behind Kuroo who was talking to one of his teammates. They were chilling beside where the meat was cooking. Bokuto takes advantage of the situation and scoops up all the barbecue.

"Hey! Bokuto, you bastard!" Before Bokuto could escape, Kuroo grabs his friend by the collar. "Stop right there!"

You laugh at Bokuto's mouth filled with food. Kiyoko laughs along with you. During these times, you've been growing more closer with her along with Yachi. You opened up to them fast and you're glad you met new people.

Kiyoko turns to you, "There's going to be a firework show later tonight. Hopefully we see them in time."

"Really?" You earn a nod from her and your eyes scan everyone. "I wonder if they all know. The coaches most likely do, but I doubt some of the players know."

"I already told my team about it. They're down to meet up and watch them." She says softly smiling at you. "You should come and invite your boys too. Daichi and the others won't mind some company."

You look towards Kuroo and Bokuto still play fighting. "I'll talk to them and see if they want to join us."

♡︎

You saw Kuroo talking to Yaku and decided now would be the best time to tell him about the fireworks. They stop talking as you approach them.

"Hey Y/n!" Yaku greets you.

"Hi!" You wave at him then look to face your brother. "I was wondering if you guys wanna go look at the fireworks later tonight?"

"There's going to be fireworks?" Kuroo asks.

"Yeah! I think there will be some kind of festival...do you guys wanna join me!" You say excitedly. "Kiyoko invited us along with the whole team of Karasuno."

Yaku's eyes perk up at the mention of Karasuno. Then he shakes Kuroo's shoulder, "We should go! It will be good for us to bond even more!"

Kuroo pulls away from his short friend's grip. He rests his arms over his chest, thinking. "I guess you're right," your brother narrows his eyes at you in deep thought. "We should invite Fukurodani too."

This shocked you. Kiyoko never mentioned to invite Fukurodani but only Nekoma. "W..what?"

"Yeah that's a great idea! I'm so smart." Kuroo smiles to himself. "I'm sure Bokuto would love to see the fireworks!"

Before you could say anything else, he already stated walking away. "W..wait! Ugh! Tetsuro you-"

"Manwhore?" A voice interrupted you.

You turn around and see that it's Bokuto. You compose yourself and pretend as if you weren't getting ready to throw a rock at your brother's head.

"Yes, a manwhore." You mumble. "How are you, Bo?"

"I'm fine, you?"

"Same..."

Bokuto observes your e/c eyes and your short/long lashes. He casually bites his lip anxiously before straightening up his posture. "Hey, Y/n..."

"Hm?" You look up.

The boy rubs his neck nervously before making eye contact with you. "I was wondering if...you know...me and you could..."

He looks down, mumbling the rest of his sentence.

You tilt your head to the side, "I'm sorry Bokuto, I couldn't hear the last part. Could you repeat it again?"

The boy takes a deep breath in and out, "If me and you could..."

"watch the fireworks... at the rooftop tonight..." He pouts once he finishes his sentence.

You widen your eyes by this and you slowly begin to feel flustered. "I..would love to..!"

Bokuto's hair stands back up, "Really? I'm so happy! I was scared you were going to say no.."

You giggle at his reaction. He later on asked you to walk with him around the field.

The sun was setting making the sky pop out with orange and pink colors. Stars were beginning to form and the night breeze would occasionally hit your skin. It was finally time to enjoy the show.

Bokuto held your hand, with your consent of course, and made you follow him to the rooftop of one of the gyms.

You look up at the sky with amazement. "The sky looks so much prettier from up here!"

Bokuto blushes as he sees the way your eyes lit up. "It really does..."

He adored the way your lips curved up into a smile. The way you laughed and the way you get so nervous around him. The longer he stared at you, the more his face was turning red.

"C'mon Koutaro! Now's your chance!" His brain encourages him.

You were too busy looking down at the city up ahead that you didn't notice Bokuto calling your name. "What is it, Bo?" You curiously ask.

He doesn't say anything else but could only reply with silence. You could see him swallow the lump in his throat.

The owl head reaches his hands out to grab yours. "Y/n..." he begins. "I'm not good with this kind of stuff so I don't know if I'm doing this right."

You could feel your heart thumping loudly in your eardrums. You had a feeling this was a confession. The eerie sensation of Bokuto spilling the beans were making you feel impatient and even more anxious than before.

"..um...when I first saw you.....crap! I swear I had it memorized!" Bokuto shuts his eyes tightly to not look at you from the embarrassment. "I..I like you! A lot! And...and I've never felt like this for anyone else before and it's-"

As if on cue, his sentence was interrupted with bright colorful lights exploding in the sky. He looks away from you for a minute to glance up at the sky.

Your heart was exploding on the inside. Your hands were trembling and your breathing got heavy.

Your hands pull Bokuto and your lips meet with his. His gold eyes widen, taken by surprise. He had to process what was going on and once he realized you were kissing him, he almost cried tears of joy.

The colorful fireworks in the background made the moment even better. Your arms wrapped around his neck, his hands holding you by the waist, he didn't want it to end.

But his eyes widened and a blush appeared on his face when you said these words:

"Bokuto, I like you too..."

And from that moment, his stomach went up in flames. Like fireworks.

~•~

Thanks so much for reading!! It's officially been one year since I started this book which was in March 29, 2021. I'll end this book soon, ily <3