11 - ɴᴇᴋᴏᴍᴀ's ɴᴇᴡ ᴍᴀɴᴀɢᴇʀ

~•~

After arriving back home, Kuroo opens the door to reveal you and his friend. He saw your smile and it quickly disappeared once you caught your brother staring at you. Looking down, you didn't realize you were still holding onto Bokuto's hand.

"I was starting to wonder where the two of you have been..." Kuroo folds his arms together against his chest. Leaning against the doorframe, cockily smirking at the two of you.

You quickly let go of Bokuto's hand and shove yours in the pockets of your sweater. "We were at the coffee shop," you mumble quietly but loud enough for Kuroo to hear.

Bokuto bites his lip, missing the warmth of your hand with his. "Sorry for leaving you out buddy! Didn't know you wanted to join us." Bokuto laughs punching Kuroo on his shoulder.

"You weren't answering your phone," You tell Kuroo, remembering why you were calling him in the first place.

"Hm, well alright." Kuroo says, pulling you inside. "Thanks for dropping off my sister back home, Bokuto. See you again tomorrow!" He waves Bokuto goodbye and slams the door into his face.

"Why'd you do that?!" You push Kuroo. "He didn't even get to tell me goodbye!"

Kuroo stares at your annoyed expression, "You like him."

You widen your eyes, "What? No I don't!"

"Oh come on! It's obvious that you do! Just admit it." Your brother puts his hand on his hip, tilting his head to the side.

You frantically shook your head, "I don't like Bokuto! I only see him as a friend."

Kuroo sighs and rolls his eyes. "Well if you don't like him. Bokuto clearly has a crush on you."

You feel your heart beat rapidly. "No he doesn't..." you mumble. "He's being really nice to me that's all.."

"If he didn't like you, he wouldn't be calling you 'pretty girl' all the freaking time!" Kuroo says. "Look at me, I'm Bokuto! Hey hey hey!!" He mocks his friend. Then he suddenly gasps and waves his arms around the air, "Is that my pRetTy GiRl??! Oh my gosh! PRetty gIrl!!! You wanna go on a date to the coffee shop? Yeah? OKAY SAY LESS!"

You stare at him in disgust at his failed attempt to mimick Bokuto. "I hate you."

"Go take a shower, you stink of Bokuto's cologne."

"And YOU stink of SWEAT!" You stick your tongue out and quickly push him out the way to run to your room.

"You brat!" He yells. "Get back here!"

♡︎

The next day you went to school with Kuroo. The day went as usual. Working on assignments, eating lunch with Kenma, then making your way to the gym to watch Kuroo practice.

"There goes our favorite cheerleader!" Yamamoto exclaims as he spots you sitting on the bleachers again.

"Will you ever shut up?" Yaku hits him on the back of his legs making Yamamoto almost lose his balance.

You stare at the both of them in curiosity. You were about to speak to Yaku when you see Lev approach you. "Hey Y/n, have you every thought about considering to be our manager? I mean, you're always here."

Yamamoto suddenly gasps overhearing this, "That's right! I remember telling Kuroo about having a manager! Plus, Y/n is smart!"

You observe the three boys, "I..never thought about it like that..."

"Coach Nekomata won't mind either," Yaku says. "In fact, I think he'll love the idea of you being our manager. Like Lev said, you're always here, you're super smart, and you occasionally put us in our place. Well, you used to since you haven't been here in a while."

You look down on the floor and hum, "I'll give it some thought. In the meantime, break time is almost over so you three should hurry back."

Lev's mouth widens slightly. You raise an eyebrow at him.

"That's the first time I ever heard you finish a sentence without stuttering..." the tall boy finally says.

You stare at him with a surprised look on your face, "That's not true! You've seen me talk all the time without stuttering!"

The two boys behind Lev nod their heads agreeing with him. "See! I knew she would be the perfect match for us!" Yamamoto points at you, laughing with joy before getting bonked on the head with a volleyball from afar.

"Less talking, more running!" Kuroo yells, holding up another volleyball on his right hand. Almost as if he was getting ready to hit his teammate again.

"Just think about it Y/n, it would really mean the world to us having you as our manager." Yaku smiles at you.

"Yeah!" Lev yells excitedly. "You'll even get to boss us around if you want!" He says in a sing-song voice. You laugh at him and watch the three boys leave.

You look around the gym, left alone with your thoughts. Your eyes scanning the team. "Maybe it's not a bad idea..." You thought.

After practice, the boys went to go change. You spotted coach Nekomata and walked over to talk to him. Explaining that you want to take in the job to manage the boys when you can. He was shocked to first but then smiled when you explained yourself further. He smiles brightly as his team walk in from changing into their school uniforms.

"Everyone gather around!" He announces. "I would like to proudly announce our newest manager of the team!" The man yells.

The boys turn to look at you and gasp so loudly that most of them almost choked on their own saliva. "HAHA! I KNEW WE COULD CONVINCE HER!" Yamamoto laughs with pride.

You smile at the rest of them as each one comes up to you with open arms. As you hug Yaku, your eyes meet with your brother's. He had a serious look on his face but it faded into a small smile with closed eyes. Almost as if he was proud that you were finally able to take big steps out of your comfort zone.

~•~

I really wanna end this book so I can focus on my other ones, but I don't think it will be anytime soon. I had writers block but hopefully it doesn't get in the way again for this story.