03 - ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ɢɪʀʟ

~•~

~•~

The match between Fukurodani and Nekoma has begun and Fukurodani was already in the lead. Bokuto took notice that his team was winning and he would look your way to see if you payed any attention to him.

Currently, you were still writing down on your notebook and would occasionally look up at the court a few times. But you would revert your eyes back to your schoolwork.

Getting ready to set the ball to Bokuto, Akaashi calls out to his captain, making the owl head run up and jump up to the ball. Kuroo and Lev tries to block him, Bokuto hits a cross spike and lands back down on his feet to yell his infamous, "HEY HEY HEY!!" He quickly looks your way, but only to sadly pout when you didn't notice him. Bokuto has never done so much to show off in front of a girl before. So, consider yourself special.

"Why does she not notice me..? Am I not good enough to play volleyball? Is it because my hair looks messy? Or is it because I look scary.." Bokuto crosses his arms with his head hanging low, hair deflating while muttering to himself. He gets weird stares from his teammates and they push Akaashi's shoulder to check on their captain. In the end, Akaashi checks on his friend and turns out, Bokuto was slowly entering his emo mode.

"Oh no..." Akaashi whispers, and looks to his teammates knowing that they know, that Bokuto is in emo mode right now. The rest of the team mentally groan, and think of ways to get Bokuto back on track.

"AGAASHI!!" Bokuto shakes Akaashi's shoulders and pouts, "Pretty girl won't notice me.."

Immediately knowing that one of Bokuto's weaknesses is showing off, he pats his friend on the head and tries to reassure him. "She is noticing you, you're too busy focusing on the game to realize it."

Bokuto's hair stands back up, he looks at Akaashi and grins a little, "Really? You should have just said so!"

Looking back at you on the bleachers, he sees you standing up to stretch. Your school shirt lifted up a bit, showing your soft skin. Getting flustered by just looking at you, he looks away. Akaashi tells Bokuto to not worry anymore and walks away to get ready for their next serve.

You walk down the bleachers, and talk to your school's volleyball coach, excusing yourself to go to the restroom. Bokuto stares at you, exiting the gym and then pouts again. His hair deflating in the process as his shoulders hang low. He was sad that your comfortable presence wasn't around anymore. Now who is he going to show off to? He wanted to look cool in front of a girl, anybody. Without you there, he didn't feel the need to give out his full potential.

The whistle blows indicating that the player should serve. Bokuto rubbing his head, he tries to calm down and focus on the game. But he just couldn't without the help of that girl. From the next few minutes with you gone, he wasn't focusing and ended up missing almost half of his spikes.

Losing to Nekoma was devastating to Bokuto, although he knew it was just practice, he still felt the burden carrying onto his shoulders. You ended up returning back, right when Kuroo hit his final spike winning the game. Fukurodani were getting ready to leave while the two coaches of each team start thanking each other for the match.

You finished every assignment and study guide, and couldn't wait to get home and sleep comfortably. Waiting for Kuroo to get out of the locker rooms, you start putting your notebooks away in your bag. Kenma already done, he walks up to you, and sits down keeping you company. You haven't had time to talk to him when you arrived, so it was relieving to finally see him.

"That was a good match, huh?" You say to him, leaning against the bleachers. He nods and replies, "I'm surprised you watched it..?"

You nervously laugh, "Well, I took a few peeks here and there sometimes.." He smiles at your honesty. Then there was an awkward silence. Kenma was never the one to start a conversation between you two. But he felt like something was wrong with you. It's been a long time since he's seen you at practice and from then, he's been good at reading you. He felt like something was bothering you but didn't want to admit it. "...Hey Y/n-" Kenma mutters, but is interrupted by a certain horned owl approaching you two.

"Hey there Kenma! And pretty girl!" He greets you and Kenma happily. Kenma waves and you sit there not knowing what to say when a loud stranger comes up to you and greets you.

"Do you like volleyball?? You're really pretty! Are you the manager for the boy's volleyball team?! What's your name? You're so cute! Did you see how great my spikes were??" He pouts, "Nevermind, you probably didn't." Then he grins, "But I was still pretty awesome wasn't I? You're really beautiful, you know that?!"

You widen your eyes and blink, trying to process every question and sentence this boy said to you. He also complimented you? You were surprised, really. Nobody has ever complimented you like this before. It gave you this weird feeling, you could almost feel the hot sensation in your face begin to erupt. You open your mouth to finally say something, when you're cut off by your brother calling out to you and Kenma.

"Hey! Y/n, Kenma! You two ready to go?" Kuroo waves his hand and walks towards the three of you on the bleachers. He pats your head and faces Bokuto, "Everything okay, bro?"

You didn't notice that Bokuto had a surprised expression on his face and was lightly blushing. He desperately shakes his hands in front of him, "I'm sorry! I didn't know she was already taken by you Kuroo! I didn't mean to bother her, I promise!" He bows repeatedly.

"HAAAA..?" You and Kuroo both yell in unison. While Kenma, slowly walks away to the exit of the gym not wanting to be in the middle of an uncomfortable situation.

~•~