Cornflower blue <3

A mask of every colour,Every single shade and hue,Built for just one purpose,Built for hiding what is true,A mask that hides the sorrow,A mask that hides the pain,A mask that hides the question,That keeps nagging at their brain,The special thing a...

Every single shade and hue,
Built for just one purpose,
Built for hiding what is true,
A mask that hides the sorrow,
A mask that hides the pain,
A mask that hides the question,
That keeps nagging at their brain,
The special thing about that mask,
That sets it in its place,
Is unlike all normal masks,
In never leaves my face.

~e.h

Azure had cried all the tears needed and placed her biggest, fakest grin she could for dinner. As it was the first ranking they had even more food than normal. Al grabbed them both two massive bits of chocolate cake and now she felt sick from eating so much but honestly she was glad. It was the best cake she'd eaten.

Max stood at the top of the railing in the hall and cleared his throat starting a speech most didn't care for. "The ones below the red line are cut the rest, welcome to the second stage."

With that names started from the top to the bottom. Azure gripped Al's hand as tight as she could she was sweaty and dizzy and she knew he was nervous too.

1. Edward
2. Peter
3. Blue
4. Will
5. Christina
6. Molly
7. Tris
8. Drew
9. Al
10. Myra

The room was so hot to azure, her face was heating so much and her breath quickened. She wasn't looking at her name she was looking at Al's. The board then changed and Edward and Myra's name disappeared. Al's name went from crimson to white and she released her breath once more. A small smile placed back onto her lips.

Her friends around the table cheered but she could still see Al's panic and hear the faint cries from the dauntless borns that didn't get in. She looked over at them and their families. One held a look of pain and sorrow, the mother had red stained eyes and the father was holding her and the other child. The one a little further down the table held a look of disappointment, distain but worst of all no pain or sorrow just embarrassment and annoyance. That pained her more than the first, because the child wasn't loved or accepted in the first place.

Quietly she got up addressing the others that she would celebrate later and meet them for tattoos (she wanted another one anyway) and that she wanted a nap. Her injuries where still prominent so they didn't react.

The girl felt on edge ever since the name orders came up. The families pushing her over the edge. She wanted to blame it on being scared that Al would leave but she knew it was something else. Maybe the fact of her parents deaths.

Azure knew it was best to leave the hall when she got back to the room, ran straight past peter and was sick in the sink. The smell of chocolate cake now in the room. She felt two warm hands brush up her hair then into one the other hand gently rubbed circles on her back. However the time to process the butterflies or the embarrassment was very short as she continued to discharge her dinner.