Nope

It's been a week and my mum hasn't called me. She hasn't texted me or anything. Of course I knew she wouldn't. But there was still some tiny part of me that thought she would care.

"She still hasn't called you?"

Tasha asked. "Nope." I hold my phone looking at the screen on my phone. "And I don't care."

I shut my phone off throwing it on her bed. It's a Saturday so me and Tasha are home today. Ms. Daisy isn't here. She went to work.

I need to find a job myself. I'm gonna be 19 in two months and well I don't even know what I'm going to do with my life.

Maybe I should contact my dad. I've always wanted to talk to him. To ask him why he left but I just never had the courage to do so.

Me and Tasha are now tanning by the pool. And she leaves to go get something from the house to drink. J lay down in the chair staring up at the sky, my black bikini glistening in the sun. I didn't hear anyone talking to me cause I was stuck in my own little world. But someone puts their hand on my shoulder am I assume it's Tasha.

"That's was quick." I open my eyes to see daisy standing over me.

"Was it?" She replies.

"I thought you were Tasha." I sit up on the chair whiles Ms. Daisy stands in front of me. She looks tired but her smile looks genuine.

"I brought you something." She holds up her hand that has a container in it. It's vanilla yogurt. The one she saw me eating a couple nights ago.

"Aw Ms. Daisy thank you."

I start opening the container and put the spoon in it taking a bite of the creamy dessert.

"Yea you seemed to enjoy it the last time I saw you."

I nod. "It's one of my favorite things to eat."

Ms. Daisy smirks "what else do you like to eat?"

I tilt my head. Is she flirting? She raises her hand towards my face and I raise my eyebrow. She puts her hand underneath my chin, takes her thumb and brushes it on my lips. Letting it linger.

"You had a bit of yogurt on your lips."
She raises her finger up and sucks on it.

I stutter "Uh-uhm thanks!" I know that my cheeks are burning red right now but Daisy stands unfazed smiling while I'm blushing red like a tomato.

She sits next to me pulling her pants up a little. She pulled her sweater up to her forearms.

Maybe it's just me but I loved when girls did that. It's hot.

"Uh hey. I heard about what happened with your mom. I want you to know that no matter what I'm here for you. Ok?"

She puts her hand on my hand squeezing it. "Yea. Uh thanks Ms. Daisy. I really appreciate you and Tasha."

She nods. "It's really no problem."

"Ok sorry I took so long- "

Me and Ms. Daisy look up to see Tasha coming towards us holding two drinks in her hands.

Ms Daisy rips her hand away from mines as if it was lava. And I'm not going to lie but when she did that I felt a twinge of sadness.

"Oh hey mom. I didn't see you come in. I would've brought you something to drink."

Tasha looks down at her watch.

"You're home early."

Ms Daisy stands putting her hands in her pocket. She sighs deeply.

"Yea something came up at work."

I wonder what that was about.