I like girls

It shouldn't matter. I keep repeating that to myself. It shouldn't matter that I like girls. I'm sobbing in Tashas arms because I was disowned.

"Zoe. What's wrong? Tell me please. Was it your mom?"

And at that I sob even louder.

"Oh fuck no I'll go over there and fuck her up right now. Just say the words.

She gets up and I pull her down to hug me again.

"Tasha. I need to tell you something."

She nods at me.

"Well -I like girls. Romantically I mean."

She looks at me with this unintelligible look her face and she bursts out laughing.

"I know. I think I've always known."

I stare at her wide eyed. Was it that obvious? Then we both start laughing uncontrollably.

"Here I was afraid to tell you. Afraid that you wouldn't accept me."

"What why would you think that? Zoe I'll always love you no matter what. I don't care if you're gay. I don't care. Cause you've always been there for me."

My eyes swell up with tears again.

"I wish my mom felt that way. She found some very erotic lesbian books on her email that I was reading and things got bad. She called me a freak, she slapped me, she kicked me out and well she basically disowned me. I have no where to go. I don't know what to do." I gesture towards the packed bags on her floor.

She shakes her head side to side. "I'm so sorry Zoe. You know you can stay here for as long as you like. My mum loves you. I'm sure she won't mind. What do you need? Im here for you."

Why was I so afraid to tell Tasha that I was gay. I don't know. But I'm glad she still loves me and supports me. I don't know if I could handle another person I love hating me.

"No you being here is enough. And you allowing me to be here is more than enough. You should probably go talk to your mom about this whole thing. She's probably wondering why I was crying and balling my eyes out on her porch." I chuckle trying to lighten the mood.

She laughs along "yea of course."

..........

Um yea so there's the drama I promised you. Hope you liked it.

Peace ✌🏽