⋆ chapter seven ⋆

The next day had been a blur for Caitlyn. They had a day off and while most of the team spent it getting out and exploring or playing games and checking out the campus, Stewie and Cat spent it together, playing card games and eating fairy cakes. All in all, it was a pretty good day, but back to business, Cat found herself stressing out over the next challenge. Lyle had just informed them the challenge was to create an app, but no one really had any ideas, apart from Billy of course, who possibly had the stupidest idea on Earth.

"I think it would be helpful to check out which apps have been most popular." Cat said, rushing off towards the whiteboard.

"Great! Go backwards, go forwards!" Nick encouraged, clicking his fingers.

"Alright guys, I don't want to destroy the momentum or mojo that you have cooking, but I just think that needles and categories don't use apps, people use apps! So, I have an idea, nowadays people are taking photos, right? They have their phones now, they're out, something catches their eye and they wanna take it, but then the photo is just sitting there. So, what if they take that photo and instantaneously post it out there on the line?! And they share it with their friends-" Billy rushed, grinning as he explained.

"Yeah, that's Instagram, it already exists. It's one of the most popular apps in the world. Facebook bought it for like a billion dollars," Stuart interrupted.

"No, no my idea is very different!" Billy defended, shaking his head.

"How is it very different?" Yo-Yo questioned, rolling his eyes as he gave Cat an 'is he serious' look.

"Well, you see with mine you're taking the photo instantaneously and posting it out there on the line."

"Uh, you mean online." Lyle suggested.

"Yeah, I'm putting them out there on the line."

"That's definitely Instagram." Caitlyn nodded, hoping Billy and Nick would get the point and let them get back to work.

"But mine's more of a social sharing on the line."

"Online," Lyle groaned, as though every time Billy said 'on the line' he was physically hurting him.

"Quick injection; when you keep saying on the line, you do mean online, right?"

"Stuart, you don't do that to a man, he's got a million dollar idea right here!" Nick said, unable to believe how nobody agreed with Billy's idea.

"Billion dollar, actually."

"Even better! Let him flow,"

"That's all fine, but he's talking about something that already exists." Cat tried again, softly waving her hands about.

"No, it's ver-"

"Oh my gosh, Billy! We don't have time for this!" Neha intervened, finally fed up as a familiar noise interrupted her outburst.

*ping*

Instantly, everyone turned their attention the closet computer which now was covered in Graham's face, promoting his team's app.

"Great and now Graham is gonna win the challenge and all hope we had of catching up will be lost! This summer will be wasted and we'll never get jobs." Neha murmured, falling down into a seat as Stewie walked over to Cat and put a comforting arm around her. Both Cat and Stewie ignoring the raised eyebrows directed at them.

"Woah, woah, woah. You guys are too young to be this cynical, you still have your whole lives ahead of you, even if we don't win, you'll still get good jobs." Nick said, smiling softly at the kids in front of him.