⋆ chapter five ⋆

"Alright, let's get a team meeting going everybody!"

-

It had only been a couple of minutes and Caitlyn was already ready to beat their over-enthusiastic team leader with the closest wooden object. He was constantly referring to himself in third person and really wasn't helping the clear tension in the room. Everyone was already annoyed that they were stuck with the two idiotic, old grandpas and with Cat on their team; it looked as though their chances of winning were slimming by the second. It was extremely obvious that no one was exactly over the moon about this, well at least it was obvious to everyone except for Billy and Nick (the two old trees).

Lyle, the team leader whose enthusiasm was darkening Cat's mood by the minute, was droning on about being a first time leader when Cat interrupted him,

"Okay, is Lyle always gonna be referring to himself in third person? Because if he is, I might wanna punch Lyle in the face," Cat shrugged, shocking everyone in the group apart from Stuart; who mumbled a grateful 'Amen,' under his breath. The look on his face was enough to tell Cat he was feeling the exact same way and the wink he sent in her direction melted away all confusion and tension that had settled between them earlier on in the day. In response, Cat gave him a small smile with Lyle glancing nervously between the two.

"Uh, okay. Lyle's a first time leader, Lyle's a little nervous, Lyles- uh, I'm going stop doing that," he mumbled, causing Cat to feel a twinge of guilt as an embarrassed look crossed his features. Lyle had dark, curly hair, pale skin and nerdy glasses hiding his eyes.

After Lyle had finally shut up, they began introductions. Cat deciding it'd be best to get it over and done with first, stood up and smiled brightly at everyone, her smile surprising growing as her eyes met Nick and Billy, who were grinning at her encouragingly.

"Hi everyone, my name is Caitlyn, but I really prefer Cat. Unless you're Graham, because that guy is a douche and I'd rather him not talk to me at all, but yeah. There really isn't much more to me I guess." Cat said, going to sit back down when Stuart stopped her.

"Well, what are your hobbies?" he questioned, showing genuine interest.

"Reading and writing, one day I'd love to publish a book. Oh and I really love laser tag!"

"Favourite food?"

"Chinese! Honey chicken is the best thing ever, although pizza is a close second,"

"Favourite drink?"

"Latte or a chocolate milkshake,"

"Favourite ac-"

"Okay, guys. I think that's enough with the twenty questions, um, Billy and Nick? Maybe you'd like to introduce yourselves?" Lyle cut in, breaking Cat and Stewie's intense staring match as he asked her random questions that no one apart from himself really cared about.

"Right, well I'm Billy and this is my friend, Nick. We attend the online University of Phoenix and we're just like you guys, just chasing a dream." Billy explained, smiling despite the unimpressed glares he was receiving.

"Great, what about you?" Lyle suggested, looking expectantly at an Asian boy with uneven eyebrows.

"Uh, I'm Yo-Yo-"

"Yeah, Yo-Yo!" Billy exclaimed, attempting to high five him, but instead the sudden action caused Yo-Yo to flinch away from him. "Woah, woah. Yo-Yo, I mean no harm! Did you, uh, did you get beat up a lot at school?"

"I was home-schooled,"

"Did you get beat up a lot at home school?" In response, Yo-Yo gave a small nod before continuing.