Chapter 3

Keith Sadies, the commandant of the 104th Cadet Corps, is psychologically breaking down the new cadets as a rite of passage to break them down so they can rebuild them as soldiers. As an officer and his attendant pass by, they notice Sadies does not subject a few cadets to this abuse and the officer simply notes that their expressions distinguish them from the rest of the group as being present to the fall of Wall Maria two years earlier. These cadets are shown to be Lucy Jaeger, Akira Jaeger,
Annie Leonhart, Mikasa Ackermann, Bertholdt Hoover, Eren Jaeger, and Ymir though Armin Arlelt is ironically not spared.

Lucy just ignored Shadis who brutally abuse the other while Akira just sigh. As their commandant continues to go down the line, he notices Sasha Braus eating a stolen potato. Everyone is stunned at her complete lack of tact in eating the potato at that exact moment. As Sadies attempts to understand why she is eating the potato, Sasha splits her potato in half and gives him a piece before smirking, saying that they can share it. Lucy was sigh as she ignore them. Wendy and Akira feel pity of Sasha. In the end, Sasha get punishment from Shadis. Eren, Connie, Mina, Armin and Marco were watching Sasha do her punishment of running until exhaustion but notice that this punishment did not faze her as much as when she was told she would not be given any dinner.

Wendy silently want to help Sasha by give her food and water after Sasha done her punishment. Akira was sitting next to Lucy and saw Wendy looking at Sasha. He doesn't know why but he feel something of her. Lucy had listen of the people asked Eren about titans make Akira feel uneasy. Lucy was glared as Eren stop eating which she know that he remembered of their mother's death. Eren simply attributes this to eagerness to begin his training and kill all the Titans with the Scout Regiment.
Jean Kirschtein interrupts Eren and mocks his decision to join the Scout Regiment. Lucy was growl make Jean look at her.

He was gulped to see her scary face as she glared at him. Eren know that Jean had cross a line. Lucy was stand up as she walked over him. She doesn't care if she was shorter than him. "Do you have a nerve to talking at my little brother, horse face? Mocking him when you know nothing about us. Just shut up, will you?! Eren, just ignored this idiot. He doesn't know a feeling when the people lost their family. If you want to go the military police, just go ahead. Don't busy with other people's life who make their choice. You're such a coward who want to run away from titans. The scouts were sacrificed their life to free us from the hell. For someone who don't know anything about sacrifice like you will never understand. I'm tired of your foolish thought." Said Lucy darkly make Jean look down.

Lucy then walked away as she get out which Akira, Eren and Mikasa follow her. Eren had glare at Jean before leave. Everyone were silent as they heard of her dark tone. Ymir had found that Lucy was a fierce woman. Christa was seem worry of Lucy. Annie in another hand seem interested of Lucy. Reiner and Bertholdt were silent listening her dark words. Akira was worry of Lucy which he asked her. "Lucy, are you okay?" Asked Akira worry. Lucy sigh as she calm herself before look at her little brother. "I'm fine, don't worry. I'm just feel piss at that idiot, that's all." Said Lucy lowly. Akira just nodded his head glad that Lucy fine. "You should ignore him, Lucy. He was nothing but arrogant guy." Said Eren in anger tone. Akira was sigh as he shook his head. Lucy just nodded her head agree with Eren.

Mikasa just shook her head as she know nothing to talk with her. Jean had look outside saw Eren who began talking with Mikasa as he touch her hair. It make Jean devastated as he look at Mikasa and Eren. Wendy had going to find Sasha as she saw Sasha finish her punishment. Sasha then smell food make her get up as she fastly grab the food and swallow it. Wendy was shock to see Sasha make Sasha happy thank her. Wendy just nodded her head before she saw Sasha faint out after done her food. Wendy decided to bring her back to the dorm. The next day, the cadets begin practicing with the omni-directional mobility gear. Lucy, Akira and Mikasa were pass the test but Eren doesn't pass it as he failed to steady himself. Lucy was scowl as she find of something make her raised her hand which caught Shadis's attention.

Shadis was gulped to see her hard glare make him speak. "What is it, Jaeger?" Asked Shadis in rough tone to hide his fear. Lucy had glare at Shadis before she speak. "Sir, I think that Eren's gear was fault that make him lost the balance." Said Lucy calmly. Shadis was shock as he can't believe her. Even so, he realised that Lucy was a smart woman like what Carla told him before. "Fault? How can that be happen?" Said Shadis trying to be innocent. Lucy was scowl at him before she take off her belt as she give it to Eren. "Then how about he use my gear, sir? I will prove it here." Said Lucy as Eren take her belt and wearing it. Shadis was sigh as he let her be. He knew that he can't fight against her. As what Lucy said, Eren already get his balance be steady like the other. He actually pass the test at the beginning.

Lucy then look at Shadis as she raised her eyebrows at him. "See? His gear was fault at first, sir. Now, you believe it?" Said Lucy calm as she give Eren's broken gear to Shadis. Shadis was sigh as he nodded his head. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Sorry for not paying attention in this accident. Eren Jaeger had passed this test at the beginning. So, everything already settled. Right, Jaeger?" Said Shadis make Lucy sigh. Lucy just nodded her head before leave him. Akira had patted Eren's back happy with his success. Eren then thank Lucy for her help. Lucy just nodded her head as she ruffle his hair make Eren happy. Akira was hugging them ignore the people looking at them. Lucy just ignored them as she hugged her brothers.

'Well, this is only beginning. There were still more challenge. I need to train myself and control my power. For humanity. And to avenge mom's death. Just you wait, titans.' - Lucy