Chapter 2

Eren, Akira, Mikasa and Lucy were taken away by Hannes letting their mother died eaten by a smiling titan. Lucy was still crying remember of her mother's death. Eren was snapped out as he hit on Hannes make Hannes stop and throw him down on the ground. Akira who also crying shock to see Eren quickly going over him with Mikasa. Eren was arguing with Hannes who stop him saying that he scared. Lucy was snapped out make her angry at Hannes which make her punch Hannes hard. Hannes was falling down hard shocking Akira, Eren and Mikasa as they saw Lucy's anger face.

"Damn you! I had never asked you to take us away. You coward! It's all your fault. If you take my warning before, all of this won't happen! You always drink alcohol all the time! I'm not a kid or coward like you! If not because of your coward, my mother can be safe. If you so scared, just leave us! We know how to survive, you fucker! Now, she's gone. It's all your fault!!!" Yelled Lucy anger with crying face. Akira quickly calm her as he hugging her. Mikasa also calm her make Eren look down understand Lucy's feeling. Lucy was crying before continue walking leaving Hannes who not moving as he look guilty to Lucy. Mikasa silently hold her head as she felt pain.

Everyone were running away from titan's wrath. Armin had look out of his friend. He spots them in a large crowd of refugees, but refrains from calling them when he sees the look on their faces. His grandfather notes their faces as well, understanding that they must have felt some great amount of terror. A Garrison soldier shepherds a group of survivors through the gates, and takes charge in defending the ships used to escape the district. While he and his comrades fruitlessly defend the inner Wall, Hannes and another officer debate about whether they should close the gate and abandon their comrades, or leave them open for the comrades' retreat. This debate is short-lived as an Armored Titan appears, crashing through the inner Wall and killing its defenders.

Lucy saw what happen make her realized that they can't go home anymore make her gritted her teeth in anger. She then swear that she will slaughter every last Titan in the world. Akira and Eren were listening of Lucy's vow make them worry of her. They had a feeling that Lucy may not be the same woman like she was. Lucy then sit down next to Mikasa as Akira sit on her lap while Eren leaning on Mikasa's shoulder. Lucy was remembering of her mother make her silently crying without disturb Akira who sleep. 'Mom, I'm sorry that I can't save you. I love you so much. Rest in peace, mom.' Thought Lucy before she drifted herself into a sleep.

Elsewhere, Lucy had dream that she meet Grisha. She had talked something to him as she know what he trying to do. She seem convince him to give it at her make Grisha give in telling her that he said sorry to her. Lucy just nodded her head before Grisha inject her of something make her pass out. Lucy had wake up looking around saw Akira, Eren and Mikasa with her. She was holding her head make Akira worry of her. Lucy then noticed of a key around her neck. She had realised that dream was true make her sigh and decided to keep it as a secret. Lucy had follow them out from refugee camp. They were look the condition of refugee to getting food. She was scowl as she learn about it.

Armin was coming over them bring some food for them. As they get food from Armin, Lucy had noticed of the soldiers's disgusting manner make her scowl. Eren also saw it make him complaint as Armin explain to him. Lucy actually doesn't care about it but when she heard of something bad word from those soldiers, she felt angry. Not to mention seeing them hit Eren added to Lucy's anger. She quickly punch them and beat them hard which they lose to her. They were feel pain as they look at Lucy's face. It make them shiver in spine when they saw Lucy's bloodlust aura around her scaring them. "How dare you talking about their life?! You had never seen titans before so shut up! I should throw you two to titans because of your badmouth! I will happy to see that! How disrespectful! Go away before I kill you two!" Yelled Lucy at them make them leave in scared face. Akira come over her and dragging her away from the crowd.

"Calm down, Lucy. I know that you angry but you need to calm down, okay?" Said Akira in worry tone. Lucy was sigh as she nodded her head before eating her bread. Eren was relieved to see Lucy before eating his food together with his family. Then Lucy saw Erza, Juvia and Gray were around the crowd as they seem want to find her. Lucy was sigh as she told her siblings that she going to meet her friends. Juvia then spotted of Lucy who come over them make the other saw her. Juvia quickly hugging her as she relieved to see her. "Lucy, you're safe. I'm so glad. How about your siblings? Did they safe? How about aunty Carla, Lucy?" Asked Juvia as she let her go. Lucy's expression was dulled make them worry of her.

"Hey, are you okay, Lucy?" Said Gray in worry tone. Erza also felt a same as Gray when she look at Lucy. "Did something happen, Lucy?" Said Erza in concern tone. Lucy was sigh sadly as she look away. "Eren, Akira and Mikasa were fine. Only... Only my mother the one not safe. She's dead. She get eaten by that bastard titan. In front of me and my siblings. I... I can't save her..." Said Lucy in cracked tone. Juvia, Erza and Gray were shocked to hear what Lucy told them. It was upset them knowing how much Lucy love her mother. They had meet Carla since they're kids. Carla was kind to them as they think her as their mother. Juvia was cried as Gray comfort her while Erza come over Lucy and hugging her knowing that Lucy need comfort.

"I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Lucy. I guess that I can't see your mother anymore." Said Erza sadly comfort Lucy. Lucy had enough crying as she pulled away from Erza. She had a determined face. "It's fine, Erza. I had enough crying for now. I will join the military with my siblings. We will join survey corps. I will slaughter every last of titan in this world. I will make them pay for what they done. That's my promise." Said Lucy in dark tone. Her words had shock them but they know that they can't stop her. They were have a feeling that Lucy will change herself after losing her mother. They know how important her mother to Lucy. Her mother's death was give a big effect on her life. They doesn't have any choice as they support her.

The royal government tries to rectify the food shortage by having refugees cultivate land, but it is not enough. In the following year of 846, they use the refugees to launch a military campaign and retake Wall Maria, but it ends in disaster with about a hundred survivors from a total of 250 thousand soldiers. The food shortage has improved, but Armin's grandfather dies in the conflict. In the aftermath of the disastrous mission, Eren, Akira, Lucy Mikasa, and Armin decide to apply for military training. The following year, the five are part of the newly formed 104th Cadet Corps. As their commandant, Keith Sadies is giving them a lecture on their first day in training. Lucy just listen of his speech make her bored.

'This training will make me stronger. I will be stronger and kill all the titan. I will make sure titan disappeared from this world.' - Lucy