Chapter Fifteen

-YOUR POV-

I took the little bit of courage I had built up inside of me. I threw my arms around his neck and pressed my lips firmly against his.

I was insane.

What did I just do?!

This was insane.

I JUST got out of a relationship YESTERDAY.

But you know what the most insane part was?

He kissed me back.

He placed his hands on my waist, deepening the kiss. I felt him smile. I pulled him as close to me as I could.

But then he pulled away.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have…” My voice trailed off as I looked at down at my fiddling hands.

“Do NOT be apologizing for that.” He said, and I looked up to see a smirk on his face. Then he grew serious. “I just don’t want to be a rebound…”

I shook my head. “You aren’t.”

He looked unsure.

“Logan,” I began, then mumbled to myself, “I can’t believe I’m about to say this…”

He cocked an eyebrow, egging me on.

“I feel something with you that I never felt with David. There’s something between us that I just can’t ignore.” I said.

A huge smile appeared on his face. “I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that thinks that.”

I smiled back. “I know it’s weird, I’ve only known you for like four days, but-“

“(YN), have you ever heard of love at first sight?” He interrupted me.

I nodded. “Yeah, but I never believed it existed.”

“Oh it exists. Just look at me.” He said.

Before I could respond, his lips were against mine, again, and his arms wrapped around me, pulling me as close to him as I possibly could be.

I didn’t stop it. I COULDN’T. I didn’t have the strength. This kiss was different though. It wasn’t like any of David’s and mine in the past. It was passionate, not hot, if you know what I mean.

He held me gently against him. Of the two of us I was the one being forceful as I pulled his head towards mine, resting my hands on either side of his face.

It was then that my phone rang, completely ruining the moment.

I answered it to find it was Taylor, and I needed to come home from wherever I was, as our dad had said. I told her I’d be home in a little and hung up.

“Was that Taylor?” Logan asked.

I nodded. “Can you drive me home?”

“Of course.” He grabbed his keys off a nearby shelf. “Did you want your clothes back?”

I laughed. I’d completely forgotten about that.. “Yes, please.” I smiled.

I went into the bathroom to change. I put on my jean-shorts first, only to find that my sweatshirt I’d been wearing was still a little wet.

“Do you mind if I wear your shirt?” I asked as I walked out of the bathroom. “My sweatshirt’s still wet.”

He smiled. “Nah, it’s cool. Ready to go?”

He held out his hand and I grabbed it. We walked out to his car and then drove off to my house.

“Logan?” I said once we were on the road.

“Yeah?”

“What did you mean about the whole love at first sight thing?” I looked down at my hands in my lap.