𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

You stood at the top of the stairs, hand on the rail as you debated on whether you should leave and obey Carlos's orders. You didn't want to find out what'd happen if you were caught, but you had to talk to Camilo. You had to apologize for lashing out, you had to tell him what happened.

Carlos doesn't own you. No one owns you. You're human, you have free will and you shouldn't be held back by someone's orders. Especially if it was Carlos.

Quickly, you ran to Camilo's door, knocking on it quickly yet silently. A part of you still felt like Carlos was watching your every move, paranoia ringing in your head.

The door opened and Camilo looked almost relieved to see you. "Hey, do you want to—"

You clasped your hand over his mouth, glancing over at Carlos's door to see if there was any sign of him leaving his room. Camilo was beyond confused but didn't move or resist. He trusted you with his life.

You pushed him back into his room, shutting the door quietly and letting out a long and heavy sigh. You didn't even realize you were holding your breath for so long.

The memories of the scene that happened no longer than five minutes ago replayed in your head. The way Carlos pinned you down, the way he humiliated you and how he was being so cruel. How you were too stupefied to do anything but let him have his way with you. Tears welled up in your eyes, sniffling as you brought your hand up to wipe them away.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" Despite how you yelled at Camilo the other day, and how you mistreated him even though he didn't deserve it, he understood. He knew you were hurting, especially since Carlos never told him what he did. He could only assume it was terrible. Sure, he was agitated by how immature you were being, but he still found it in his heart to understand.

You opened your mouth to speak, but nothing but a choked sob came out. You wrapped your arms around him and pulled him into an embrace in an attempt to find some sort of comfort. You would do anything to try and forget what Carlos did.

   Camilo was confused, yet hugged back nonetheless. It didn't take a genius to know that you were upset. "Hey.." he spoke mellowly, keeping a tight yet gentle grip around your body. "...you can tell me anything. You know that, right?"

   You nodded as a silent response. "You're.. you're Camilo, right?" Although you left Carlos in his room and you entered a completely different one, paranoia had you thinking that this could be Carlos tricking you again. It was slim to impossible but it was a possibility.

   "Of course, it is. It's just me. It's just me, Y/n. It's okay. It's all okay. I'm here." He whispered right by your ear, rubbing slow circles on your back. "You're okay." He planted a soft kiss on the side of your head, doing his best to bring you the utmost comfort.

   It worked. The moment he started speaking, you felt at ease. He had a very similar voice to Carlos, but it was... less deep and more comforting. It was warm and soothing, a voice you can listen to all day. It relived you to know that it wasn't Carlos.

   You believed him. You believed that as long as he was there, you'd be okay. You believed that as long as he was there, nothing and no one could hurt you. You believed that as long as he was there, Carlos can't get to you.

   "Do you want to talk about it?"

   You didn't want to. You didn't want to talk about Carlos because you knew that the memories will come back more vividly. But you do want to tell him, you want to tell Camilo what Carlos is doing, you want him to be aware of what's going on.

   So you nodded, giving him one tight squeeze before pulling away. You kept your hands on the side of his body though, refusing to lose contact.

"Come here," he took a step back and walked alongside you. He walked you to one of the couches in his room, not bothered by how you clung onto his arm.

You noticed the couch as the same one Carlos brought you to in his room. It seemed ridiculous how the two rooms were the same but... different. You looked at Camilo, trying to convince yourself that no this isn't Carlos.

"Something wrong?"

"So many things are wrong Camilo." You forced those words out of your mouth, followed by a gentle sob. "I'm sorry, but there's something wrong with your brother!" You kept your grasp on him, burying your face into his shoulder. "He... pinned me down, he was talking crazy! It's almost like he wanted to argue with me. He looked like he was having fun when we yelled at each other. He humiliated me! It was s-so humiliating! He hurt me, Camilo.." words couldn't describe how he made you feel.

Camilo wasn't following. You were speaking so quickly and saying so many things at once. His eyes made it to the bruise that began to form around your neck, taking your hand in his and taking a look at your wrists that began to bruise as well.

"Did he hurt you?"

You nodded viciously, looking up at him. He brought a hand to your face, carefully wiping the tears away from your eyes and drying your cheeks with his sleeves. It pained him seeing you like this. You were suffering and it was all in the hands of his twin brother.

"He told me not to talk to you..." you mumbled, words slurring together. "He said that I had to stop talking to you. He didn't even want me to think of you. Camilo, he's crazy..." you leaned into the comfort of his warm touch, closing your eyes to savour it. "I couldn't listen to him. Y-You make me feel better you make me feel happy and safe. I can't just.. forget about you."

Camilo couldn't believe what he was hearing. He knew his brother was trouble but he didn't think that it would get this bad. "I'm happy you didn't listen to him." He pulled you closer to him, hand never leaving the side of your face. "I'm proud of you for that."

"But..." a part of you felt like you should've gone home. You should've just listened to him and left when you had the chance. You were slowly beginning to believe that he had full control of you. Who you talked to and how you treated them. But no, you kept fighting those thoughts away. You were human. No one can take your freedom. "Never mind."

"No, please tell me." Camilo didn't want to be left in the shadow of the drama between you and his brother. He wanted to be a part of it and felt as though he could do something to resolve it or make it better. He had high hopes but sometimes things are out of a person's control. This was one of those moments.

"What do you think he'll do if he finds out?"

"Camilo!" There was a knock on the door, causing both you and Camilo to jolt.

Your heart sank and all the blood in your body rushed to the bottom of your feet. Fear struck your body and you were frozen in shock.

Camilo swallowed the lump in his throat, standing up and ushering you to the corner of the room. "Shh, it'll be okay. You'll be okay." He whispered.

"N-No, no.. Camilo don't open it." You were practically begging, clinging onto him as if your life depended on it.

"Camilo, we need to talk!"

"Carlos, just give me a minute!"