𝐈𝐗

What if Camilo was telling the truth? What if it was Carlos?

   As the night settled in, you began to rethink everything that happened earlier in the day with Camilo.

   Camilo had no reason to lie to you... but why would Carlos pretend to be him to hurt you like that? Why did Carlos even want to do that?

   "Don't act dumb, Carlos. What the hell did you say to them?" Camilo stood in his twin brother's room, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned against one of the walls.

   The boy shrugged, not moving from his spot on his comfortable bed. He had a book gently placed in his hands, peacefully flipping through pages. "I didn't see Y/n yesterday."

   "Carlos." Camilo walked over to him, grabbing the book cron under his fingertips and shutting it loudly as he tossed it onto the floor.

   The twins met eyes.

   Camilo's green hues held anger and resentment. He was beyond pissed and he couldn't believe that his brother would do something like this. What was his problem? This was the reason why he didn't want you two to meet. Anything involving Carlos was nothing but chaos.

   Meanwhile, Carlos had his signature grin, cocky and smug. His darker eyes held confidence and showed his entire ego. "Come on, it wasn't that big of a deal." A small laugh fell past his lips as he placed a finger under Camilo's chin, quickly grabbing his face and tossing him off the bed. "It wasn't that hard." He stood up and stretched his arms and legs, walking off to one of the many mirrors in the room.

   "Carlos, do you realize what you did?" Camilo followed him, glaring at him through the reflection. "Do you realize the boundaries you've crossed?"

   "Do you realize that I honestly don't care?" Carlos fixed his hair a little, fluffing it up and keeping it over his eye as his body moved slowly to make various poses in the mirror. "Grow up, Camilo. You wouldn't even have time to date them, anyways. I did you a favour."

   "Are you jealous?"

   "Of who?"

   "Who else, dipshit?"

   "Of you?" Carlos finally met his gaze once again, but this time in the reflection. "Because you have Y/n? God, no. I could care less about them."

   He kept feeding himself lies.

   Carlos kept lying to himself. Telling himself that he did the right thing, telling himself that your feelings didn't matter. He told himself that you could handle it and you'd get over it. You're mature, aren't you?

   Wrong.

   You handled that situation with Camilo so poorly... you weren't mature or stable enough for this. You were stressed, depressed, you were anxious and lonely. Then you got humiliated by one who you thought was your best friend.

   The boy who held your heart in his hands.

   Carlos took your heart from him and wasted no time in shattering it. Only to, later on, struggle to collect the pieces and put them back together.

   That is... if he wanted to put them back together.

   God, Carlos wanted to. He wanted to do what was right. He wanted to cradle you in his arms and hold you as you cried; listening to you talk about everything you hated about Camilo.

   Carlos wanted to be by your side and lull you to sleep, keeping you for himself.

   He can't possibly be catching feelings over a person that was a part of his game. His game that he rigged to win; the game his brother didn't even know he was playing.