The Fruits Of Labor

"Well, we made it." Y/n is seen getting dragged by Mereoleona's fire paw. Y/n didn't know the name of this spell, but of it was up to him, he would keep it as fire paw.

Mereoleona noticed Y/n's tired physique. She looked at the mountain before crossing her arms, "we'll head in the Hot Spring while we're here."

Y/n shook his head, "I'm fine..."

Mereoleona scoffed, "we both can tell, your mana is about to run out."

Y/n tried to escape the fire paw, "I said I'm fine!"

"It wasn't a request." Mereoleona firmly stated before the paw dropped him, "I assume that you can walk at least?"

Y/n used his knee to get up, brushing off whatever rubble got on him with his hand, "yeah, yeah, I can walk. But we still need to find that Kirito guy. Any ideas?"

Mereoleona looked at the Ultime-Volcano Mountain Trail. Y/n sighed, "would I need mana skin? I think I'd be fine."

"Less talking. More-"

"Walking? Screw that!" Y/n put his hands out to generate steam, before using it to surf upwards, "take that, Sisoleona~!"

Mereoleona gained a tick mark on her head before smiling, "I told you I'd beat the shit out of you, didn't I?"

Mereoleona took at high speeds up the mountain. Y/n looked back, "oh boi-!"

Y/n surfed past the boiling magma, surging and rising from the volcano. He eventually saw a huge magma creature. "Rhinoceros Crimen!!"

Y/n surrounds himself in steam that's shaped like a rhino and charges forward. It headed straight through the creature, destroying it with ease before the rhino disappeared and kept heading for the top. Mereoleona zoomed past him with a cocky smirk, Y/n gritted his teeth. "Hey!"

"Slow Rhino~!" Mereoleona laughed before taking off with speed. Y/n smirked before he closed his eyes.

"I wanted to save this for later but...! * Mana Method Vapor Transferre!" Y/n suddenly disappeared into a puff of steam. Mereoleona is seen rushing to the tip when some of the magma boiled to the point where it let off steam. Y/n suddenly appeared at the steam source and smirks, "hey, there, beautiful. Lovely day, ain't it?"

"How did you-?" before Mereoleona could question it,  Y/n suddenly teleported to another steam source. Y/n made it to the top of the mountain.

"I don't think I cheated? Did I?" Y/n looked at the edge of the volcano.

"How interesting? You have steam magic..." a deep voice suddenly rang behind him, as a hand reached for the back of Y/n's neck. "Spatial Magic: Absolute Absorption."

Y/n quickly ducked and wrapped his fist in steam before going to hit the man behind him, but the man opened a portal in front of him, as Y/n hit himself, sending himself back. The man clapped, "wow. And you don't need Mana Skin to stay up here either? You're so interesting!"

Y/n wiped his cheek before looking at the man, "guessing you're Kirito."

"Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!" Kirito blinked and there was a bunch of spear pillars coming at him, waving his hand quickly, Kirito opened a bunch of portals which sent the pillars at Y/n again. Y/n stepped on one to dash closer before grabbing one and using Vapor Ferrum to send the attack bat at Kirio with more power and speed. Of course, Kirito dodged it.

"Furtivis Vapor!" Y/n created a thick layer of steam on the volcano, which Mereoleona saw from afar.

"Y/n?" Mereoleona kicked it into high gear before a portal opened and sucked her through before closing.