6 Years Ago

" Leave me alone, all of you! I'm tired of you guys." I yell at them angrily. At this point, I'd be concerned if a passing student didn't hear me.

All four of them looked like hell had just overcome them. They were absolutely pissed, but I didn't care. I've had enough of their attitude, it was getting too much.
I walk towards the door once again but all four of them cross their arms while blocking my way, their height towering over my figure.

" Let me leave." I demand with a soft tone. They only scoff but don't move an inch from where they stand. Once again, I try to walk around them but they block me, infuriating me even more.

" With that attitude, you aren't going anywhere." Jennie spat at me. The whole room was radiating bad energy from all the anger everyone felt. If anyone else was here, they'd run from all the angry looks on our faces.

" And you aren't my mother so you have no right to dictate me. So once again, move out of my way before I scream for someone." I cross my arms and stand in-front of them. They don't seem the least bit intimidated from me and I don't blame them. They are four and I am one. They have the upper hand. The next thing that happens is what shocks me though.

My head swings to the side as the blossoming of pain on my right cheek is formed. I can feel my cheeks heating up as the blood rushes to the surface of my skin. My mouth is agape as I don't believe what just happened, what she just did.

Jennie slapped me.

I look back at her directly through her eyes, a huge pang of pain being felt inside my chest. The pain of the slap wasn't even what hurt me the most, it was the actions of my best friend who just raised her hand at me. She had never done that before, no one had.

Rosé has a shocked expression on her face and Lisa has a sympathetic one. The two others just stared at me with an expression I can't read on their faces. It hurts so bad that tears are starting to well up in my eyes from the thought of what Jennie just did. The singular second of her slapping me replays in my brain until I blink my tears away.

Don't break down in-front of them. My mind tells me.

Instead of making the failed attempt of walking past them to the door, I turn my back towards them and walk to the other side of the room - once again blinking any tears that are threatening their way out my eyes.

It's worse than what betrayal would feel like. I knew sometimes they were capable of harming others when someone exceeded their limits, but hurting me? Never in a lifetime would I think they'd do that.

I stop in my tracks.

I'm not going to let them do this to me. I turn on my heels and storm towards her angrily. If she hurt me, I have every right to hurt her back. Even if it means it breaks my heart to do so.

But just before my hand is able to touch her cheek, her fast reflexes come in hand and she grips onto my wrist tightly with full force making me let out a small cry as my face winces from the pain. She squeezes my pulse point even harder and I start begging her to let go.

I should've thought it through. She's taken self defence.

She finally let's go of the grip on my wrists and the tears finally leave my eyes, not controlling to stay in for any longer. I hold a painful expression and so do they. At this moment, I just want to be left alone.

" Leave me a-alone please" I sniffle my sob in and speak. I hated how weak and vulnerable I was being right now. I was always strong and resilient yet at this moment it's one of the first where I'm left vulnerable and weak; and I hated it.