071. "But I don't think I ever planned, for this helpless circumstance"

Start from the beginning

"Woah..." Lucia made a beeline toward the clock after having setting Bao Bao's basket on the nearby table.

The greediness within wanted this cloak. For what? Who knows, perhaps for future references. She made a mental note to ask Mrs. Weasley where she had gotten the clock from.

"Where have you all been?" a thundering voice came into the living room. Lucia tore her eyes away and saw Ron instantly cowering behind Harry and Hermione as Mrs. Weasley, a short and plump woman wearing a green gown came racing in.

"We were getting Lucia remember?" Ron instantly said.

Harry and Hermione exchanged amuse gazes with one another.

"I expected you back half an hour ago!" said Mrs. Weasley. "What if something happened to you?"

"But nothing happened!"

"You best be grateful, Ronald Weasley, that nothing happened!"

"Mum!" Ron came out from his hiding place and beckoning to Lucia furiously. "Reckon you forgot something?"

Mrs. Weasley straightened and turned. Her furious expression gradually softened in just a millisecond. Lucia smiled weakly as the Weasley matriarch reared on her and before she knew it, she was pulled into a suffocating, yet cravingly warm embrace of Mrs. Weasley. She then pulled away in arms-length to study Lucia's figure and face.

"Have you been eating?"

Harry perked at this. Has she not?

Lucia laughed nervously. "Don't worry about it, Mrs. Weasley. Nothing new," she added.

"Nonsense!" declared Mrs. Weasley, "I'm fixing up dinner and you will eat plates and plates. Is that understood?"

She nodded her profusely, never have been in the receiving end of Mrs. Weasley's mollycoddling before, and frankly she didn't want to double-cross her. The matriarch soon smiled in content, urging them all to come in. "How have you been, dear?"

"I've been... better I guess," mumbled Lucia.

There was then a series of thundering footsteps racing down the stairs. Lucia found herself dropping Bao Bao, who was quick on his feet and landed gracefully on the floor before waddling away to Harry's side. A mop of red hair filled her line of vision. Ginny Weasley was hugging her with full force, and she was not going to complain.

"Lucia!" she cried.

"Ginny!"

"Lucia!" Ginny yelled back.

"Ginny!" Lucia joined in.

"Ron,"

"Harry,"

"Hermione,"

Lucia and Ginny snapped their heads to the trio. They whistled, acting as natural as they could while being under the glare of Ginny. "I'll pretend that our moment wasn't ruined," she said before beaming at Lucia. "Look at you!"

"I've looked," giggled Lucia.

"Merlin, you're still gorgeous as ever!" said Ginny before muttering under her breath, "too bad four-eyes stole you from me."

"Ginny!" Mrs. Weasley scolded her daughter.

"What, is the truth!" said Ginny, feeling a bit bitter when she remembered the scene at King's Cross Station before they all departed for the summer. She glared at Harry, who merely glared at her back. "You don't deserve to be with someone like Lucia!"

Lucia smiled faintly.

Harry sneered. "Like brother, like sister,"

Ron blinked. "Excuse me? What does this have to do with me?" he asked Hermione, lost as Bao Bao was suddenly shoved carefully into his arms.