𝐅𝗼𝐮𝐫

Jungkook walked out of the meeting room and shook hands with the other CEO.

"It was nice meeting you, Mr. Kim! I know our project together will be successful"

"I can feel it too, Mr. Jeon"

With a last smile, Mr. Kim and his assistant went back to their company and Jungkook went to his office, to call back the number that called him during his meeting.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Jeon, this is the Seoul Hospital, you have to come to the hospital, because of your nephew, Jeon Dasom"

It didn't take him any seconds to take his jacket and run to his car. After ten minutes, he finally arrived at the hospital.

"I'm Mr. Jeon, you called me a few minutes ago"

The girl looked at him and wondered why he was panicking so much.
"Yes Mr. Jeon, your nephew is in the room 174"

Jungkook run to the elevators and kept pressing the button for the elevator to come.

He was tapping his foot on the floor and kept biting his lip, feeling like he'll cry soon.

He promised his brother. He promised that his son will never see a hospital in his life after his father died. He promised he'll never get hurt.
But he didn't fulfill his promise.

Room number 170

Room number 171

Room number 172

Room number 173

Room number 174...

He looked at the door a few seconds and took a deep breath. He shouldn't act like something bad is going to happen to him.

He opened the door slowly and there was his nephew. Lying on the bed and smiling with someone on his right, that Jungkook couldn't see.

"Uncle?"

Jungkook walked closer to him. He saw the person Dasom was smiling to. Lisa?And...And his daughter, Lily? What are they doing here?

They looked into each other's eyes. Was it one minute? For Lisa it felt definitely longer.
Oh how she missed being able to look at his face. His dark brown eyes. His mole under his lips. The lips she didn't kiss since one whole year. She misses him. His children do. But has he ever missed them the same way? Has he ever loved them, the way all three do?

"Lisa? what are you doing here?"
Oh how stupid of him. Did he forgot his wife works here? And didn't he see the white coat she's wearing?

"I'm working here, Jungkook"

Lisa's voice and face showed disappointment. Did he now forget that his wife is a paediatrician?
Lisa didn't want to make any drama out of it and just kept looking straight into his eyes. He even forgot he has a wife and two children, why wouldn't he forget Lisa's job?

"Uncle, why did you come? Aunt Lisa was here the whole time"

This whole time, Jungkook didn't even notice Dasom and Lily who were lying on the bed. Dasom was lying there and Lily was showing him her favourite toy, the pink bunny.

"I-I came because they called me. How are you? What happened?"

Lisa looked at both of them and looked at Lily who was looking at her father's face like he's a stranger she never saw in her life. Does she still remember him? Does she wonder why the man she was seeing in front of her the whole time, suddenly didn't show up at all?

How Lisa wished they would be back as a family. With Dasom.

"He was just tired and didn't eat much. You have to make him eat more and give him some vitamins"

The next moment, Lisa lifted Lily up and looked at them again.

"Me and Lily have to go. I'll write some vitamins for Dasom that you have to buy"

Lisa walked to the boy and kissed his forehead.
"Get well soon and call me whenever you want"
A last smile and both mother and daughter went out of the room, without even looking at the man, who was looking at their back.
_______

"Look, I tell you every day that you have to eat more"

"Don't be mad, uncle. I'll eat more"

Jeon Jungkook and Jeon Dasom went back home and the first thing Jungkook did was buying him the vitamins. Once they reached home, Jungkook immediately went to the kitchen and started cooking for Dasom.

While Jungkook was in the kitchen cooking, his nephew couldn't help but be nervous, because of one thing. The only thing he wants the most.

Dasom played with his fingers a few seconds then stood up to go to the kitchen.

"Uncle"

Jungkook turned around and saw his nephew behind him, looking like he wants to say something.

"Yes?"
He turned again and continued cooking.

"I want to change my school"

Silence...

Jungkook stayed still for a moment. A long silent moment.

"We'll talk after you eat"

And with this, Dasom sadly went to the living room. It's been a while since Dasom wants to change his school. But Jungkook never asked about the reason.
_______
After the mother and daughter went out of Dasom's room, they checked up on some other kids and went home as soon as Lisa's friend, Kim Jisoo,— also a paediatrician— reached the hospital to start working.

Both bid good-byes to each other and the one went to work and the other went to grocery shopping with her Lily.

Lisa took a small shopping trolley and put her daughter in there. She would give her something and she would place it into the shopping cart with her tiny hands.

"Mommy, milk"

Another day, another milk flavour. Lisa and her daughter stood in front of the big milk section and wondered what they should buy this time.

"Which flavour do you want, baby?"

Lily put her fingers on her mouth and cheeks and started thinking. Finally after a while, she chose one.
"Banana milk, mommy. For oppa too"

She has been drinking the banana milk a lot of times in a row now. Something she never did.

Lisa put some of banana milk into the cart and went to the cashier to pay for the things.
______

After Jungkook cooked for Dasom and ate too, both sat in the living room and he helped Dasom with his homework for the next day.

After they finished, it was silent once again.

"uncle, I don't like my school"

While checking the emails Mr. Park, Jungkook's assistant sent him, Dasom talked about his school again.
He badly wants to change his school.

„why don't you like it, Dasom? I thought it was the best school in this area"

Dasom immediately shook his head and looked straight at his uncle.

"No, it's not! The teachers aren't nice and I don't have any friends there" "I want to change to Gureum's school"

TBC...