Fight Back

~You're never gonna make it. There's no way that you make it. Maybe you can fake it. But you're never gonna make it~ NEFFEX

Note that if the song I post in the chapter is full of angst...just know something bad is gonna happen...

Amelia opened the door, but as she did Javi's phone rang. Javi could only sigh.

"You go, I need to take this call" He answered his phone. "Hey Iz"

Amelia smiled. Hearing her friends' names made her happy. She wondered about them often. She would have called, but Darren blocked her from doing so. She walked to the living room, and saw the girls backed away in a corner. When she looked to the couch she realized why. Darren fucking Cross.

"Why are you here?" She spat at him. Darren let out a chuckle.

"I'm here to pick my daughter up, it's the end of the week" He said grinning. Amelia rolled her eyes as she remembered that fact. After their divorce, Amelia had tried to gain full custody of her child, but sadly lost the case. Darren was a rich and powerful man. All he needed to do was hire the best lawyers in the state. Besides, Amelia had zero evidence against him. They could have brought June to court as a witness, 'cause we all know a child would not lie just so someone could suffer, but Darren prevented that too. So in the end, she lost.

"OK, but can I just ask: who the hell let you in?"

"Myself"

"Idiot" She muttered. Darren glared at her.

"Don't take that tone with me" He warned, and then they heard some voices.

"It's gonna be a surprise, trust me, you'll love it" Darren shot up from his seat, and grabbed Amelia by her collar.

"Is that another man with you?" His voice was so... Threatening.

Amelia didn't respond, and only received a slap across the face. A slap so hard that it knocked her off her feat, and caused her to land on the sofa.

"Get this in your head, you're mine and mine alone... " He threatened once again. Amelia was paralyzed. She was just hit in front of her child. Javi exited the bedroom. He froze when he saw the girls, and Amelia, and another familiar face hovering over her.

"What the-" He began to say, when Louise spoke up. "Dad, that man slapped Amelia!"

"He DID WHAT?" Javi looked like he was gonna kill someone. He looked to the girls. "Go to Amelia's room"

The girls immediately got up and ran. Javi grabbed Darren by the collar. He took a quick look at his face and glared at him.

"So you decided to show your face again, huh?" Javi told him. Darren chuckled as he threw Javi towards the wall.

"Why? Aren't you happy to see the man that made off with your lady?" He said to him, and those words...hurt Javi so much. He received a punch to the face.

"What's the matter? Can't fight back?" Darren said to him. Javi was lying there, helpless. Darren's words hurt him. He and Amelia... actually did have something, all those years ago. He remembered the countless times that they stayed up, curled up on his couch, in his apartment, watching a movie at just.... goofing off.

He remembered the times Amelia would kiss him, as a thank you, or for another reason. And whenever that happened, the Rangers would assume that they are dating. He remembered when he was about to tell Amelia how he felt about her, that he loved her, end then Amelia told him she was engaged.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a hellish scream, no seriously, whoever the heck that voice it belonged to, sounded like the one of an angry demon.

Then, he watched as Amelia wrapped her arms around Darren's neck, and began to strangle him.

"LEAVE HIM THE FUCK ALONE!" She screamed as they moved around uncontrollably. Javi sat up straight watching as the woman he loved so dearly tried to kill the man they hated so much. He stood up and pried her off his back.

"Leave, before I call the cops" She told him. Darren rolled his eyes.

"You'll come around, they always do" He said to her before slamming the door shut. Amelia turned around, only to see a very heartbroken Javi.

"Oh Javi..." She pulled him into a hug. He buried his head into her neck as he let his tears flow.

"Why Amelia? How could you leave us like that? How could you leave... me like that?" He sobbed. Amelia felt her own tears flow as well.

"I want to explain to you, Javi" Amelia said to him as he moved her face away from his, avoiding his gaze. "I want you to know that I didn't have a choice"

"Everyone has a choice in life, AJ" Javi told her, looking deeply into her eyes.

"True, and I chose to love you..." She said, before he pressed his lips up against hers.

-----------------------------------
Here it is. I won't lie, I CRIED.
Skyland2704 and dazzlingkm Here it is!!