Someone to love

~Someone to love. Someone to trust. Someone to hold. Someone to know~ Jon B

This may be triggering, so if you don't want to read then skip till you see the emojis.

Three months ago

Amelia Jones breathed heavily, as she held his arm, keeping him from slapping her daughter.

"Don't fucking lay a hand on my little girl!" She screamed at which her husband Darren Cross turned around, slapping her, knocking her to the ground.

"You are pathetic!" He spat before kicking her repeatedly. She tried to get up, but all she got in return was a punch to the face.

"June, RUN!" June didn't want to leave her mom there, but her mom had insisted on it. So she ran to the bedroom and locked the door behind her. All she could hear were screams of pain and a tear slid down her cheeks as she prayed that this would be over soon.

😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶

Amelia held June's hand tightly as they walked towards the café. They had been planning to go out since they haven't spent some time together in a while. Once they entered, Amelia took a deep breath. You know what it smelt like?

Home.

She was finally back in Pine Ridge. She missed her Pop Pop and Beatrice (who was, by the way, her legal grandmother who she loved dearly) and had actually visited them once they returned. June wasn't born in Pine Ridge, but her mom often told her stories about her adventures there.

The countless times she got into trouble with the Park Warden (their name for him is Warden Buzzkill 'cause he is), the times when she and her friends had spent at BuzzBlast, and the one thing she could never forget; the one person who cared for her during that time. The person who had been her friend since early childhood. The person she isn't sure is here.

She sighed, sitting by a table near the play area, so she could watch June play. Soon, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" The stranger asked her politely. Amelia nodded without shifting her gaze from her child, who was now playing with another girl.

"Is your child in there?" The man asked having noticed the direction in which she was looking.

"Yeah, she is" Then she heard a phone ring. She assumed it was the man's phone since hers was on silent. Then her ears perked up, her heart stopping at what she heard.

"What's up?" She heard the man say to however called him. She couldn't really hear much, but his response shocked her.

"Aiyon, I asked you to tell Ollie that I'm taking Louise to the café....No I didn't!... You know what? Just ask Zayto, he'll probably have an answer for you... The fu-" The stranger looked at his phone, quite disturbed by the conversation he just had. Amelia looked up, and her mouth slacked a little at the person in front of her.

"Javi? Javi Garcia?" She asked him. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"How do you know my name?" He asked her before beginning to scan her face. The hazel eyes, the glowing skin, the chocolate brown hair... It couldn't be? Could it?

"Amelia? Amelia Jones?" He asked with a smile on his face. She nodded excitedly.

"Oh my gosh! Javi it's so good to see you!" She reached across the table, and hugged him tightly. It had been to long, five long years. FIVE.

"I can't believe it's you!" The former black ranger said happily. "How have you been?"

"Much better" She smiled at him, before feeling someone tug her leg. She and Javi looked down only to see June and another girl next to her.

"Mom, this is Louise! " The blonde said happily at which the dirty blonde behind smiled.

"Hi" She turned to Javi. "Dad, I made a new friend!"

"Aww that's great sweetie!" Javi smiled at her before picking her up and placing her on his lap. June eyed Javi suspiciously.

"Who is that?" June asked her mom coldly. Both parents must've have noticed, 'cause they look startled.

"Uh, June, that's my friend Javi" June's face suddenly lit up. "You mean the one you always talk about?"

Amelia blushed slightly. "Exactly"She saw Javi's cheeks turn pink as well, and she smiled softly. She looked between Louise and Javi before smiling. "She looks like you"

"Thanks" Javi smiled before looking at June. "She looks like.. "

"My devil of a father" She spat bitterly, and Amelia felt her heart sink. She wished she could have given her daughter a better childhood. She looked at Javi, and noticed he looked upset.

"What did Darren do?" He asked. He has always been so protective of her since they were kids, and it seems like he'll never stop doing everything her can to protect her.

"Not here, we can talk about it in my apartment" She told him.

"Can we at least get food?"

"Sure" She ordered their food, before heading out of the cafe, and into her car, on their way to her apartment.

-----------------------------------------------------
So I must warn, a tiny bit of shenanigans may take place in the next chapter. Thought I should play my part in my friends doing. Skye you know I'm talking about you!
dazzlingkm and Skyland2704 ,hope you enjoyed!