Chapter TWELVE - Madara

Start from the beginning

"So, have you finally found out who you are?" Minato asked.

Obito rubbed his eyes, "I'm Obito Uchiha, damn straight!"

Sasuke surged forwards to Obito, sword drawn and ready to end the war. "Sasuke, wait!"

Obito watched as Sasuke charged towards him.

"Wait! No!" Minato shouted, standing up.

"So, this is how it ends huh?"

But before Sasuke could land the decisive blow, Kakashi appeared atop Obito, "Sasuke, we can save the talk for later, sorry for barging in all of a sudden, but... he was once my friend and contemporary. Let me take responsibility."

"Kakashi sensei! But now he's-," Naruto was cut short as Kakashi lunged forwards with his kunai.

Only to be stopped by Minato. "Obito, when the chakra was being pulled out, I saw the inside of your heart. It looks like my son gave you quite a nagging talking-to. It looks like he inherited that trait from his mother."

"I don't want to see my students killing each other." Minato smiled, before feeling an intense murderous intent from behind him.

Kushina cracked her knuckles, laughing slowly, "So, you think I'm naggy, do ya?"

"C-calm down, Kushina. I was just kidding... yeah know?" Minato held both hands up, but that didn't stop him from getting punched by her.

"But that was originally your role," Minato looked at Kakashi, "The one that really understands him and can say anything, I believe that's you, his friend, Kakashi."

Obito spoke for the first time since he was defeated, "Rin was... Rin was the only light in my life. After losing Rin, the world I saw changed. It became a pitch-black hell, I had no hopes for this world. I walked this world in Madara's stead, but that only served to deepen my confliction."

"Even with this Sharingan, in the end, I wasn't able to see anything. There was nothing at all."

"Fool, the Sharingan isn't some omniscient technique that allows you to shape the future, you must actively do it yourself!" Fugaku clenched his fists.

"But don't we have the Izanami and-." Mikoto put a hand around Itachi's mouth.

"Let your father have his moment, Itachi." Mikoto sweat-dropped.

"I thought this world was a hell, as well." Kakashi looked down at Obito, "I thought I had lost you... and I lost Rin soon after that, and then I even lost Minato sensei as well... however."

"I don't know for certain either, but, I strained my eyes in trying to see. Through this Sharingan that you gave me, I felt like I'd be able to see."

"Alright, when can I give this eye to Kakashi?" Obito laughed, "He deserves it more than I do."

"Are you speaking of Naruto? Are you going to tell me why his path won't fail?!"

"No... there's a chance Naruto might fail as well. Nobody is infallible." Jiraiya stated.

"He might fail as well, nonetheless." Kakashi looked down at Obito, "What I can say is that he's less likely to fail than you were."