Chapter 21

Amara's POV

Amara's POV

"Where's Sidney?"

"Sadly still breathing.. she got away," Stu mumbles in disappointment

"Doesn't matter her time will come for now. the curse is complete," Billy mumbles before bringing his knife to his arm and cutting a deep gash that heals miraculously fast seconds later.

"Pain is there but only for a second,"

"Stu, how could you want something like this?" I ask him in disbelief I always thought he was sweet.

"Who wants to be ordinary? It's boring, plus we are not the first to do this there was supposably someone before us,"

"Wow, I almost cared,"

"Billy please just let me go." I pleaded against his chest trying to break free but his grip was firm. "You'd look so sexy covered in blood" He whispers into my ear.

A low dragging sound comes from the kitchen revealing Stu pulling someone into the room. I looked down to see Jacob bound and gagged, his eyes wide with fear.

"Why is here here?" I ask confused.

Stu places the voice box into Jacob's shirt pocket. "Guess I won't be needing this anymore." He says jokingly.

"Why are you doing this to him? He's a sweet kid."

"This so-called sweet kid had pictures of you and not the sweet yearbook kind," I looked at Jacob wide-eyed but he wouldn't look me in the eyes.

"So he's a stalker...yes that stuff is weird but going to prison for a crime he didn't commit it's like Cotton all over again."

"Oh don't worry we're killing Jacob," Stu says normally but Jacob starts squirming in fear. Billy nods along in agreement.

"He saw you naked so I can't let him live,"

"You're crazy...both of you!"

"No were being safe and covering our tracks,"

Stu grabs my arms and starts tying them behind my back. "Alex kills Maureen Prescott after sleeping with her you know how much he loves his older women but instead sets his sights on You. He gets rid of Steve and Casey who were obstacles and is killed by his brother who just so happens to also have feelings for you and tries to kidnap you so he continues the killing spree until he is finally gunned down to bring peace to Woodsboro."

"Or so they thought," Stu adds laughing.

"Put her in the back of his car and put your mask on, don't let anyone see your face if they do you kill them," he orders and like a dog Stu immediately obeys which pisses me off

He places me in the car and tells me to go along with their story or there would be consequences but I only agreed to be still if Tatum would be spared. It was quiet for a while until I heard a loud gunshot I closed my eyes guilt hitting me like a wave.. Jacob may have been a creep but he didn't deserve that.

After a few minutes, the place was surrounded by cop cars and I was let out of the car Billy and Stu could be actors in the way they spoke to the police calmly as if they had nothing to do with all the dead bodies in that house.

I was informed that Dewey was the one to kill Jacob when he caught him off guard he has no idea how right he is about that. Billy stated he was protecting me the whole time and I went along with it mostly because I was scared of what he'd do to Tatum or me. Every few seconds I'd feel his heated eyes on me and they felt darker somehow I'm not sure what curse they were dabbling with but it scares me so much to know.

An RN walked over to me wanting to ask more questions and see if I had any wounds. I answered everything and was cleared. "I'm sorry...what did you say your name was?" she asks waiting to write it on the clipboard.

"Amara...Amara Carpenter." I state, and she nods writing it down. I notice Dewey arguing with someone. "excuse me." I say climbing out of the ambulance and going toward Dewey.

"Dewey, what's wrong?" I ask surprising him as he turns around. "Oh...I'm glad your okay," he says hugging me. When he lets go I could tell by his face something was wrong.

"Dewey, what's wrong?" I question again he hesitates before answering. "There was a car... That belonged to Sidney's father...He was found dead inside not sure how I'm gonna explain to her."

Tatum holds Sidney in the distance as she cries against her. A tall man stands over me with dark green eyes and messy black hair, probably feeling eyes on him he looks at me. I wait for him to look away but he doesn't

That must be Sidney's brother.

FEW WEEKS LATER

I checked myself in the mirror for the millionth time making sure my clothes were on point. Once I knew I looked perfect I was ready to go until Billy blocked my way.

"You haven't answered any of my calls," he states the obvious.

"Yeah that's what you do when you don't want to talk to someone," I reply trying to walk by him without looking him in the eye but he grips my wrist not enough to hurt me but enough to warn me.

"I know it'll take a while for you to accept what I am and that's fine but you're crazy if you think I'm gonna stop loving you," He pulls me closer to him. He breathes in my scent before leaving a kiss on my neck "You are everything to me that will never change,"

I feel myself get hot at his words but I don't say anything as I walk past him down the stairs to my car.

My knee won't stop bouncing as I look around the prison around me I felt so damn nervous I couldn't believe I was here. I stared down at the cold metal table wondering how this was gonna go. The door opens bringing me out of my thoughts, Cotton Weary is escorted by a cop with handcuffs around his wrists.

His hands are released and he gives me a small smile as he sits in front of me. "Hi Amara,"

I shift uncomfortably but give him a small smile, I meant to say hi back but the words don't slip out. He stares at me for a long while and it creeps me out.

"Sorry, I just didn't expect to have a child that's as beautiful as you. I mean your mother is a queen you look the most like her,"

"You talk as if you still love her,"

A blush hits his cheeks as he lets out a very fake cough. "No, I uh do still care,"

"Right,"

"I'm gonna be released in two months they already have me processed," he announces after a few seconds.

"Congratulations,"  I shrug.

"I want you in my life Amara and I promise I will build my life back up and be the father you need.. Do you think you can let me?"

"I can try".