Chapter 15

Amara's POV

Amara's POV

After the sleepover with the girls, and staring at that closet for a few hours like it was on fire I went right back to bed. We were up all night so I'm exhausted. I was almost asleep when I felt a heavyweight dip on my bed. I pulled the covers to see Stu smiling down at me. "Whatever it is, No." I yawn pulling the covers back over my face. I hear a pout before I feel more weight on the bed.

"Come on A, hang with me," he whines pulling on the covers. I huff sitting up and pulling the covers down. I knew I probably looked a mess, I yawned again before giving Stu a deadly glare. He laughs before laying his head on my lap. "You okay?" I ask, playing with his hair. He looks up at me and gives me a cheeky smile. "Yeah, you hear about Alex?" he asks not taking his eyes off mine.

I nod, "Yeah...think it's the same killer?" I ask he thinks for a moment before responding. "Could be, but the guy was an ass he had a lot of enemies," he says shrugging his shoulders a bit.

"That is true. You know Sidney had the nerve to ask me last night if Billy knew-." I pause realizing I never told Stu the situation either. Stu sits up cross-legged on the bed. "If Billy knows what," he questions. "Promise not to get mad when I tell you?" I ask carefully.

"I promise. I'm not Billy," he says laughing. He's right though Billy has a bit of an anger issue, never toward me but to others...it sometimes scared me. "Remember when Steve drugged my sophomore year?" I ask. Stu's face darkens over a little before he responds, "Yeah."

"Alex was part of it, he just disappeared right before you and Billy showed up," I respond pulling my hands up my sleeves. He doesn't look mad that I didn't tell and hugs me in comfort "Damn, A Why didn't you tell me? "

"I think he's already paid for it," I reply looking down and remembering the graphic details of the news report. between this and the letters, I should've just stayed asleep. "Something else is bothering you,"

I feel Stu's warm fingers on my chin making me look up at him. "My mom she's been keeping secrets,"

"Really would you think that?"

I bite my lip hesitating but then decide to tell him anyway. I trust him more than anyone. "My mom had been writing letters, Cotton Weary,"

He looks down at me shocked. "Wow, I did not see that coming" he mumbles but it seems more to himself. I scoff nodding.

"Right? Like every bone in my body is telling me to read those letters but for some reason, I feel terrified and I don't know why." I rant, Stu pulls me into his arms again stroking my hair. I calm down listening to his heartbeat.

"Now I'm not as close to your mom as Billy is but she's a good woman and I'm sure she had her reasons just talk to her," I nod wiping a quick tear from my face.

"Am I interrupting?" a deep voice asks, Stu pushes me away like I set fire to his body body immediately stiff as he turns to Billy.

"No," I shake my head and walk over to Billy kissing his cheek but his eyes stay on Stu I awkwardly clear my throat. "I'm gonna take a shower," I quickly grab some clothes heading to the bathroom quickly shooting Stu a guilty look for leaving him

I slammed the door leaning against it trying to catch my breath and stop my thumping heart. I try to think of anything else as I turn the water on avoiding both men.

Billy's POV

I watched her back as she exited the room when the bathroom door closed Stu tried to dart for the door but I grabbed him by the neck. "Where do you think you're going?"

"You scare me,"

"We'll I am naturally terrifying," I answer taking it as a compliment.

Stu takes a nervous step back looking at me cautiously. "Relax Stu, I'm not mad," I say walking past him to take a seat on the bed. That was a lie. Seeing anyone else touch her but me makes my skin burn.

"Oh... then why are you here?" he asks slowly rubbing the back of his neck. I go to respond but I wait until I hear the shower running to talk. "He found him...and he's on his way," I say making his eyes go wide, he blinks rapidly for a moment. "He's on the way?" he questioned like that's not what I just said.

I roll my eyes taking a deep breath. "Yes, turns out he's been looking for Amara this whole time," I say still thinking through the things I was told. "Why?" Stu asks confused.

"She was supposed to pay off his debt... Turns out she bashed the head in of the person she was sold to." I say laughing lightly. Stu takes a seat on the couch in front of the bed, his face covered in shock. "She's killed before." He breaths out in disbelief.

"And she's capable of doing it again, her father was hospitalized for broken ribs and a shot to the chest," I added my smile even larger. I knew something was different about her something darker and It made me want her even more it just made her more attractive.

"I don't-" I quickly cut Stu off-putting a finger to my mouth, I no longer heard the shower meaning Amara could now hear us if she wanted to. "Start planning the party for tomorrow night," I whisper to him.

Stu smiles widely at me, I know he's been waiting to throw this party that was originally supposed to start last week but Amara showing up pushed our plans back. Stu gets up standing behind the door when he hears Amara's footsteps approaching.

She comes into the room drying her hair with a towel, I stand up smiling at her as I pull her into my arms. She pulls back looking around the room. "Where's Stu?" she questioned looking up at me, before I could respond Stu jumps from behind the door shouting "Boo!"

She jumps back into my chest surprised before hitting Stu. I laugh lightly making her turn her head to look up at me and then back to Stu. "I hate you both!" she groans out rolling her eyes. Her phone rings loudly making her jump again.

She quickly picks up the phone after a few seconds her smile drops as she looks over at us shocked, "Really? okay, I'll be over,"

"Are you sure?" she then hangs up the phone and turns to us. "That was Sidney, she said some guy showed up at her house claiming to be her brother,"

What the fuck was Roman doing? He asks me to kill Sidney and now he's interfering. "Does she need backup?" Stu asks but his eyes stay on me. He was just as confused as I was.

"She said she'd call me back if she did but honestly I have my family drama to deal with,"  she rolls her eyes crossing her arms. Stu gestures that he'll tell me later when he notices my confused expression.