Luna blinked, looking up at him. "You're... you're not?"

The man huffed. "Believe me, if I wanted you dead, you would be by now." He set his weapon and shield down, crossed his large arms over his chest, and nodded at her. "I'm here because I want to talk."

"And who are you, exactly?" Luna asked.

The man uncrossed his arms and stood up straight, his chest puffing out in pride. "I am Tonatiuh, the Fifth Sun," he said. "He Who Goes Forth Shining, He Who Makes The Day. God of the daytime sky and ruler of the cardinal direction of the east."

Luna raised an eyebrow, unconvinced. "Okay, so who are you really?"

The man frowned. "You don't believe me?"

Luna huffed as well, mirroring his previous pose as she crossed her arms. "I'm not one to believe in crackheads. Unless you can give me some kind of proof that you are what you say you are. Because if not, that's some really good cosplay, dude."

The man's frown deepened before a smirk spread across his lips. "I alone control the sun and the sunlight," he said. "And I shall prove it by raising the sun with a simple flick of the wrist."

Luna snorted. "Nice try, ese, but big words aren't proof."

The man's smirk simply widened, and without a word he slowly raised his hand. Then, Luna's eyes went wide in pure shock as sunlight began to stream through her window, illuminating her dark room with golden light. Turning to her clock, Luna's shock increased when she saw that it was eleven o'clock at night. The sun definitely should not have been coming up.

When Luna began to hear screams and shouts of confusion coming from outside, she turned to the man, Tonatiuh. "Alright, alright, I believe you!" she said frantically. "Ahora vuelve a poner el sol, you're scaring people!"

Tonatiuh lowered his hand, and the sunlight vanished, replaced with silvery moonlight as the moon returned to its rightful place in the sky. Then he raised an eyebrow at Luna as if to prove his point.

"Okay, fine," Luna said with a sigh. "I'm sorry for doubting you."

"As you should be," Tonatiuh replied.

Luna inhaled deeply. "Alright, so here's my next question. Why the hell are you here?"

"Is it not obvious?" Tonatiuh said. When Luna frowned in confusion, the sun god crossed his arms again. "You, Luna Reyes, are my avatar. That is why I have come to you."

"Avatar?" Luna repeated. "You mean like that old movie with the blue people?"

Tonatiuh snorted. "I am insulted." Luna just stared at him, so he rolled his eyes and said, "No, not like the old movie with the blue people. You are my avatar in the sense that I chose you long ago to carry on my influence, and I blessed you with incredible power. My power. The power of the sun."

Luna frowned again. "What do you..." Then, she trailed off as she realized what he meant. All those years ago, when her father had taken her to the temple and had her touch the sun stone. That day she had gotten those strange golden sun powers, and her father had said, The sun god has chosen you, my little butterfly.

"Holy shit," Luna said. "So it was you that gave me these powers?"

"Watch that tongue," Tonatiuh scolded. "Shit is far from holy."

Luna glanced down. "Sorry."

Tonatiuh simply stared at her for a moment before speaking. "Yes, it was I that gave you the abilities you have now. You, Luna, have the powers of the sun itself, in all its glory."