10 | I Could Have Done It (T1)

Start from the beginning

The screen darkened and the lights dimmed. The scene opened up to a much younger looking Loki being flung across the Bifrost's surface to be a little ways away from where Thor stood, clutching Mjolnir.

"Woah!" Kate shouted, sitting up. "Is that you two?" She asked Loki, who grimaced in embarrassment. "Yes."

Clint laughed. "Dude! Your hair! It's so short!" Loki groaned at the memory. "It's not a bad thing!" Steve and Clint followed soon after. Clint shot a glare at Steve. "Yes thank you, Steve. But it's really not a bad thing! It's just different!"

Loki pinched a strand of hair between his fingers to inspect it. "I need a haircut, huh." He decided, Fandral nodding. "I like your long hair, short hair, either or it's very ho—" Fandral cut himself off when he saw Thor's glaring eyes behind Loki. "Hooaaahh...aaandy? Handy! When you're like...fighting people?"

Loki gave him a nonchalant stare and Fandral threw his hands up. "What do you want from me?" He hissed quietly.

Thor swung his hammer down to the Bifrost, sending a series of spiderweb like cracks through the multicolored glass. "What are you doing?!" Loki shouted, his eyes flickering from blue to green.

"Woah, wait...is that why you said the Bifrost didn't work?" Bruce asked Thor, who had his head low. "Yup." Loki answered for him, unbothered.

"Am I the only one who notices his eyes?" Sam asked to no one, merely the room, looking around to anyone who would meet his eyes. "I did." Bucky commented and Sam's eyes half lidded. "That's because you stare at everyone all the time."

Loki was silent, dead silent. He noticed the flicker in the memory and his stomach churned. "It wasn't even my fault before all of this...how...did you..." Loki breathed out, the rise and fall of his chest beginning to quicken, his face suddenly morphing into panic.

"Loki?" Fandral asked softly, reaching out for Loki's arm, which ran with a shudder as Loki flinched violently at sudden contact. His hand was instantly snatched away as Gamora met his eyes. "How? I didn't even know?" He whispered, a strain still in his voice.

She grimaced, retreated into her shoulders.

Then he knew. He turned his head and was surprised to see Odin already avoiding his gaze by all costs. "We'll talk about this later." Loki simply murmured without looking up.

"If you destroy the bridge, you'll never see her again!" Loki screamed, genuine panic in his tone, ripping off the helmet and scrambling to his feet. The horned helmet fell against the Bifrost with a 'thunk'.

"You...you actually cared? About Jane?" Thor added on the last bit quickly, as to not create any more stress to the entire situation. Loki scoffed and his chin went into his hand.

"Didn't she break up with you?" Shuri piped in and MJ choked out a laugh. "Damn!" "Wait she broke up with you?" Tony asked, turning around. "Yes?" "Before or after both your mother and little brother died for her?"

Thor went quiet. Scott looked at Steve with wide eyes. "Yeesh..."

Thor didn't hear it. He swung the hammer down onto the Bifrost, more cracks shooting through the glass. "Stop!—" Loki cut himself off as he staggered to his feet, everything around him suddenly going dark.