3

Nathalia leaves her position from behind the bar as soon as Eggsy walks in with an awfully familiar face. She slides into the seat and Harry offers her a smile which she returns.

"Nathalia,"

"Harry,"

Eggsy looks between the two in surprise but turns back to Harry.

"So, before you was a tailor, was you in the army?" Eggsy asks Harry. "Like an officer?"

"Not quite," Harry says.

"So where was you posted, Iraq or something?" Eggsy asks.

"Sorry, Eggsy. Classified."

"But my dad saved your life, yeah?"

The day your father died, I missed something," Harry says. "And if it weren't for his courage, my mistake would have cost the lives of every man present. So, I owe him. Your father was a brave man. A good man. And having read your files, I think he would be bitterly disappointed in the choices you have made"

Nathalia grimaces at Harry's bluntness as Eggsy's face contorts into one of anger.

"You can't talk to me like that,"

"Huge I.Q. Exceptional performance at primary school," Harry says. "And it all went tits up. Drugs, petty crime. Never had a job"

"Oh, you think there's a lot of jobs going around here, do you?" Eggsy scoffs.

"Doesn't explain why you gave up your hobbies," Harry says. "First-prize, regional Under-10s gymnastics two years in a row. Your coach had you pegged as Olympic team material"

"Yeah, well, when you grow up around someone like my stepdad, you pick up new hobbies pretty quick," Eggsy says.

"Of course. Always someone else's fault," Harry says and Eggsy looks away. "Who's to blame for you quitting the Marines? You were halfway through training, doing brilliantly, but you gave up"

"I thought we agreed to be nice," Nathalia mutters.

"No, you asked for me to do that," Harry relies to Nathalia's comment. "I never agreed"

"My mum went mental," Eggsy snaps. "Banging on about losing me as well as my dad. Didn't want me being cannon fodder for snobs like you. Judging people like me from your ivory towers with no thought about why we do what we do. We ain't got much choice. You get me? And if we was born with the same silver spoon up our arses we'd do just as well as you. If not, better"

The doors open and Nathalia looks to the man whose car Eggsy had stolen and taken for a joy ride the night before.

"What the fuck you doing here? You taking the piss?"

Nathalia stands in front of the booth Harry and Eggsy were sat in and pushes the man back.

"I think that's close enough beanpole," Nathalia says. "You bought ID this time?"

"No, you stupid bitch," The man says. "I don't have to have ID and you know that"

"That's not what the law says," Nathalia shrugs. "Sorry"

"Some more examples of young men who simply need a silver suppository?" Harry asks and Eggsy shakes his head.

"No, they're exceptions. Come on,"

"Nonsense. We have not finished our drinks,"

"After you nicked his car, Dean says you're fair game," One of the cronies says. "He don't give a shit what your mum says."

"Listen, boys," Harry says. "I've had a rather emotional day so whatever your beef with Eggsy is, and I'm sure it's well-founded, I'd appreciate it enormously if you could just leave us in peace until I finish this lovely pint of Guinness"

Eggsy closes his eyes with a slight shake of his head as Nathalia stands her ground, glaring at the group of men in front of her.

"You should get out of the way, Granddad, or you'll get hurt and all," The one Nathalia had pushed back says.

"He ain't joking. You should go," Eggsy says and Harry nods, getting to his feet.

"Excuse me," Harry says.

"If you're looking for another rent boy, they're on the corner of Smith Street,"

Harry stops and begins to lock the door, causing Nathalia to sigh and untie her apron before she slams it on the table.

"Manners maketh man," Harry says, slamming the final lock as the men wall forward. "Do you know what that means?"

Silence follows Harry's question. But that silence held an answer.

"Then let me teach you a lesson"

Harry uses the umbrella in his hand to hook around a glass, launching it at the ringleader of the group.

"Are we going to stand around here all day, or are we going to fight?"

Nathalia sighs as she picks up her pen before stabbing it into the hand of the man who was closest to her before slamming her foot between his legs and slamming his face onto her knee.

The ringleader stands back up and turns to face Nathalia.

"You fucking dirty, fucking dirty-"

He points his gun at her causing Nathalia to roll her eyes before grabbing his hair and slamming his head on the table before pushing his body to the side.

"NAT, KNIFE!" Eggsy shouts.

Nathalia looks in the window, watching the man who was advancing her with a knife before she grabs her apron from the table and spins, wrapping it around his wrist before pulling harshly.

She swings herself up onto his shoulders before slamming her elbow onto his head. Hard. Again, and again. His body slumps and Nathalia rolls when she hits the ground before looking around.

All of the men were sprawled out on the floor in front of them and she looks to Eggsy who was tucked into the corner of the booth, his eyes wide and his mouth agape.

Nathalia turns at the sound of a phone being dialled but Harry had already shot a dart at the bartender who falls to the ground clutching his neck. The duo walks back over to where Eggsy was still sitting and slide into the booth.

"Sorry about that," Harry says. "Needed to let off a little steam. I heard yesterday a friend of mine died. He knew your father too, actually. Now, I do apologize, Eggsy. I should not have done this in front of you"

Harry points his watch at Eggsy who raises his hands in surrender.

"No, please!" Eggsy says. "I won't say nothing, I swear! If there's one thing, I can do it's keep my mouth shut"

"You won't tell a soul?" Harry asks.

"Ask the feds," Eggsy says. "I've never grassed anyone up"

"Is that a promise?" Harry asks.

"On my life!" Eggsy nods.

"Much appreciated, Eggsy," Harry says. "You're right about the snobs. But there, too, there are exceptions. Best of luck with everything. Nathalia will walk you home"