"She's good" Angela said.

"It seems like this is her thing" he answered.

The girl came out again but at all times her face was away from the camera.

"She knows" Tom said.

"About the cameras?"

"Yeah"

The girl headed to Adele's room and entered.

Tom closed the footage and searched for that room's camera but there wasn't any.

"Oh, so Adele likes to keep her house monitored but fears someone might see the kinky stuff she does in her room" Angela said.

"Seems that way" Tom said and opened the hallway camera again, he forwarded it for a while but she didn't come out, instead they saw Adele coming in and enter the room.

"So she was hiding there!? What's the time..." Angela said pushing against him as she leaned in "Seven thirty, that's about the time me and you went to the alley in China town"

"Yes, so whoever this is can't be the killer, the time stamps won't match" he said standing upright and brushing his hair.

"She left without her purse" she said with her face on the screen.

Tom bent again "So its still in her room"

"Yeah"

They kept watching, forwarding the footage until it stopped, but the girl never came out.

"Where did she come into the house?" Angela asked.

"I didn't check, I found her sneaking around in the main entrance room and followed her from there"

"Out of witch direction?"

"Not sure"

She closed the window and scanned the cameras, there were twenty two of them, it could be any one of them "Maybe she left another way? The window perhaps?"

"You want to do the honors of digging around? Its your dirt after all?" Tom said mockingly.

She only drew his chair closer and sat smiling at him "Yeah, my well earned dirt" she said knowing he spoke if the fact that she stole the hard drive.

Tom walked around to her usual side and poured some whiskey into their cups of coffee, but just as he pocketed the canister Warren walked in holding a paper up.

"Results are in guys, and this case just took a weird twist"

"Okay?" Angela said first.

"There were three sets of prints on that licence card, obviously that of Adele, then a print that we don't have on our database... And that of Oscar himself"

Tom and Angela bucked their heads together "How... Why...?" Angela said but scratched her cheek.

"He had the license in his hand... That means either he was the one who stole it, or he was lured to that spot by someone, shown the card and then killed"

"That sound superficial" Angela said tilting her head.

"Why? Anything is possible Angela, this case took an unexpected turn, and now it all leads down to this girl with the blonde hair, and the footage we need a warrant for at Adele's building" Tom said giving a gesturing nod at Warren.

"I'm on it" he said and left.

"I guess we should call Adele and tell her about the hard drive, I want that house sweeper for prints" he said taking his phone out.

Angela giggled making Tom frown at her but she only took her cup and sipped at it.

"What's with that girly giggle?"

"Its been a while since I had such a challenging case, its exciting" she said walking past him to the window and leaning on its frame.

"Well, I'm glad clues appeared, although it feels like any clue we find leads to more mysteries"

"Yes, I like it that difficult" she said winking.

He smiled "And another mystery is how you can even walk without crutches on that leg, that bullet basically tore your muscle apart Angela"

She took the cup to her mouth slowly "That's my little secret"

"Oh?"

"If you want to know more about it, I can tell you over a game of pool tonight?"

He took a deep breath "That sounds rather tempting actually"

She nodded sipping her coffee, her eyes looking deep into his, but they darted to the door when Warren walked in.

"Here's that warrant, get to it" he said holding the paper up.

†††
Author's note:

Aha! So here's where I want to hear some insight? What y'all think happened? Did Oscar steal the licence, was he lured to that spot and shown the card then killed?

Or was he framed? Killed then the killer took his fingers and printed it in the card after his death?

So many things could have happened right? I'm actually enjoying this crime novel a lot!

Lemme know what you think guys...