“Is this better?”

He seemed different from the person who used such a dignified voice a moment ago.

The tone of his voice softened as he spoke to her. She was briefly reminded of him as a child.

She laughed nervously as she became aware of the situation. The longer she took to leave the carriage, the more uncomfortable the people outside would be.

“I think it’s a little better.”

Ronée took his hand. Bell jumped up and settled over her head.

“Come this way….” Nabel led Ronée slowly. They passed between the numerous maids and knights standing on either side and approached the palace.

Khwang!

Wary of the crowd, Bell fell back into the shadows. But not before being seen by the bowing maids and knights.

“…!”

The startled ones gasped and opened their mouths only after the two had passed by.

“…Shinsu?”

“There’s no way…. ”

They peered at Ronée’s shadow with confused eyes. Then, as the shadows darkened, the shape of sharp ears and a swaying tail disappeared.

It was indeed a Shinsu. Soon, rumors began to spread around the castle. His Majesty has brought the owner of a Shinsu.

* * * * * *

“This person is…?”

The head maid, Dia, was a prominent figure who had held her position for 30 years.

She remained in the palace through the destruction of the House of Iver and its revival.

It wasn’t until the House of Miltan came into power that she was demoted to simply a maidservant.

However, the experience she had accumulated over the long years as a head maid did not disappear.

It was her ability to manage the palace that eventually resulted in her not being decapitated.

She was a woman of great expertise, just as Nabel remembered during his brief stay in the Imperial Palace at a young age.

As soon as Nabel regained his imperial power, he restored Dia’s status as a head maid. Then she managed to return the palace to its most beautiful and robust state.

The name of the palace was named after Ronée.

Ronée Palace.

“Welcome, My Lady.”

Dia bowed deeply to the person Nabel was leading. The unique rose-pink hair was a shade not found in the West. She had to be from the Eastern Continent.

Nevertheless, she bows her head as she is a guest personally escorted by Nabel. She recalled Nabel’s previous orders before he departed.

‘The owner of the palace will come, so be prepared.’

“The owner of the palace has finally arrived,” Nabel said as he glared at Dia to remind her to not say anything useless.

However, Dia, who knew Nabel from his youth, only received his glare with a warm smile.

“The owner of the palace?”

Ronée turned to Nabel, and he laughed in embarrassment. It was as if she discovered something he didn’t want revealed. (TL: Like how he had named her as the owner of an entire palace)