“You’re a slave?”

Nabel laughed.

“Slave.” His voice was chilling to hear, very different than the voice he used when speaking to Ronée.

“-If I was a slave, I wouldn’t be your slave.”

Nabel lifted Ronée’s hand. Her hand, which had become cold, slowly heated up in Nabel’s grasp.

“….”

Nabel kissed the back of her hand. Slaves did not dare look up at their masters, so it was polite to kiss the back of their hand when expressing their admiration.

This meant he had only one owner, Ronée. Even the black clad swordsmen widened their eyes in surprised at his actions.

“Because the surroundings are so unpleasant, I don’t dare show them to my sister…”

Nabel raised his hand and slowly rearranged Ronée’s robes. Bright sunlight was once again hidden by the black hood of the robe.

“Would you like to rest for a while, Sister?”

There was a sense of strength in his low voice. Nabel stroked her cheek with a sad face.

“If you wish, I will dispose of them later.”

It was still too chilly to be outside wet. Ronée nodded her head briefly.

“I have prepared a place for you to rest in advance,” a quiet voice reassured Ronée. He readily escorted Ronée away.

“Catch them!”

Devant, the knight commander who had not yet come to his senses, was blocked by the swordsmen in black.

Their faces were covered with masks, and all he could see was their blue eyes.

“Even if you don’t want to see it, you will soon, do you really need to follow me?” Nabel spoke with a cool voice.

Taking off one of his white gloves, he took Ronée’s hand, and kissed the back of her hand again.

The black-clad men made a sound of surprise.

“You will soon find out what kind of person I am.”

With those last words, he led Ronée away with perfect courtesy. Bell hid within Ronée’s shadow and followed.

*****

The place Nabel took Ronée, was a small mansion near the Count’s estate. It looked like someone’s villa.

Although Ronée wasn’t aware, the mansion had changed owners a week ago.

Ronée, who was drenched in salt water, would be able to bathe there. There were people already waiting to serve her at the mansion.

“My Lady!”

Ryne, who was rescued by the swordsmen sent by Nabel, also arrived shortly afterwards.

Much to her surprise, the maids prepared by Nabel helped Ronée take a bath.

“… ”

‘I can hear the sound of the water. My sister is on the other side of this wall.’

He endured as if he had done for 10 years.

Her appearance, which he had not seen for a long time, had blossomed more beautifully than he had ever imagined.

Nabel stood by and waited for her to come out of room. He wanted to see her as soon as possible.

Click. The door opened and Ronée entered the room, taking a deep breath