Chapter 27 - Flowers of Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

In my wife's homeland, there's a tradition: when the Queen of the Black Lagoon Forest gives birth she would pass away, if she has two or more children, her first child becomes the next protector of the forest. And at the age of twelve, the child will be crowned as the new Queen or King.

Shortly after giving birth to our daughter, my wife passed away and revealed this tradition to me. She instructed me to keep our daughter inside the villa to shield her from the dangerous outside, the lurkers.

These monsters only appears when a descendant or the next Queen/King of the Black Lagoon Forest is born.

These monsters would appear and will only disappear if the child is already crowned as the Queen/King.

I do apologize for my daughter for forbidding her to get out of the villa, but I don't mean no harm, I only want her to be safe and away from these monsters.

Even though I'm a powerful arch mage, my wife Lanira warned me not to underestimate these monsters. She said they can change into anyone just to get what they want.

Lanira also told me to be careful about who I let near our daughter. One mistake could mean the end for her. It's a heavy burden to bear, but I'll do anything to keep our only child safe.

And this was the promise I made with Lanira, to keep our only daughter safe and away from those lurkers until our daughter will turn twelve.

I followed everything Lanira told me to keep our daughter safe, but now... I've hurt her feelings, and she has run away.

I don't want to think of any negative stuff, but I can't help it. I'm scared of losing my one and only daughter to any of those monsters who eat souls.

I must find my daughter before these lurkers find where she is right now. My daughter can't be taken away from me. I'll kill anyone who dares to harm her.

"Ow! Watch where you're going, mister," a girl with pink hair and brown eyes says.

"Oh, forgive me, my lady, I didn't see you," I said as I offered my hand to help her up.

"Uh... thank you," she said as I nodded and smiled.

"Well, I must bid you farewell, my lady. I must return now," I said, noticing her standing in front of me, staring.

"Uh, I'm Auriane De Verley, but you can call me Yuri. I'm the daughter of Marquess Aldro," she said, as I nodded in response.

"Ah, Lord Aldro De Verley, yes, I know him. He's known for his casino," I remarked, to which she simply smiled.

"It's nice to meet you, my lady, but I must be on my way," I said, but she stopped me by grabbing my sleeve.

"Um, are you not going to introduce yourself?" she asked, and I hesitated before smiling.

"I'm sorry, but I really must leave now, my lady," I said, turning away. Soon after, I spotted a woman with silver hair and purple eyes, dressed in a lilac gown, purchasing numerous flowers from an old woman.

"Wow, did you grow all of these yourself, madam?" she asked, as the elderly woman grinned in response.

"Yes, I planted all of them, dear," the woman replied, and the silver-haired woman smiled.

"I'll take all of them! How much will it be?" she exclaimed, but I interrupted.

"How much for a bouquet of red roses, ma'am?" I asked, and the old woman glanced at me.

"I'll give it for free to both of you. Let me wrap it up," the old woman insisted.

"Oh, please, that's not fair to someone who earns their living by selling flowers! Please accept this, ma'am," the silver-haired woman said, handing a handful of gold coins to the old woman.

"Oh, please, no, take it back. Five is enough, my lady," the old woman protested.

"Five... Five?! How could you sell flowers for only five?! Raise the price! Raise it!" the silver-haired woman exclaimed, while I glanced at her in surprise.

"M-My lady..." the old woman began, clearly struggling with the situation.

"You should just take the money, ma'am, since the lady insists on giving you a lot of gold," I suggested, smiling.

"That's right. Now wrap my flowers and take my gold. I must not come home empty-handed," she declared.

"I need to at least give my daughter a flower when I get home," she added with a smile. I glanced at her, curious.

"Pardon me, my lady, this might sound rude, but you have a daughter?" I asked. She looked at me and explained.

"Well, she's not my biological daughter, but I love her very much. She's so adorable and kind! I love my sweetheart dearly. She's like an angel sent by God," she said, her eyes shining with affection. I smiled, seeing the genuine love she had for the child.

"M-My lady..." the old woman began, clearly struggling with the situation.

"You should just take the money, ma'am, since the lady insists on giving you a lot of gold," I suggested, smiling.

"That's right. Now wrap my flowers and take my gold. I must not come home empty-handed," she declared.

"I need to at least give my daughter a flower when I get home," she added with a smile. I glanced at her, curious.

"Pardon me, my lady, this might sound rude, but you have a daughter?" I asked. She looked at me and explained.

"Well, she's not my biological daughter, but I love her very much. She's so adorable and kind! I love my sweetheart dearly. She's like an angel sent by God," she said, her eyes shining with affection. I smiled, seeing the genuine love she had for the child.

"May I ask if the lord also has a daughter or perhaps, a son?" she inquired as the woman handed her the flower she had purchased.

"Yes, I do have a daughter, but I said something that hurt her feelings, and now... I don't know what to do anymore," I admitted as the old woman gave me the flower I had bought.

"I see. I don't know exactly what you said to your daughter, but I hope that you two can reconcile," she said, offering me a comforting smile.

"And if you've been neglecting your daughter, it's important to start giving her the attention she needs," she continued.

"A piece of jewelry won't make a person happy, but showing that you care for her might. A child's only wish is to be loved by their parents," she said with a smile.

"Thank you, I needed to hear that," I said, returning her smile.

"Ah, time to go. I'll take my leave first, my lord. Pardon me," she said, and with that, she departed while I look at her walking away.
.
.
.
.🦋