13 : 𝖲𝖼𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝖣𝗋𝖺𝗆𝖺

Start from the beginning

"Mom! Dad! Get down here for a second! The bitch is live!"

"What are you talking about?" Mayor Jang questioned, his brows stitched at one point.

"Y/N L/N?" Mrs. Jang scoffed in disbelief. "Come on, Ivy, you think this is funny?"

"Take a look at the screen, stupid," Ivy snarled, dropping her beverage. "I'm not bullshitting. She's there with daddy's policemen."

Mayor Jang stiffened the moment he diverted his gaze into the television. Y/N waved with a smirk, as though she knew that the family was watching from the comfort of their palace. Both Mrs. Jang and Ivy cringed, their minds racing elsewhere in fear of getting busted. Y/N marched to grab a camera and raised it high to film her desperate captives.

"I know you're out there, Kennedy," she mildly chuckled. "And I know that you know what I'm about to do. Coussac would love a pinch of spice in their meals tonight. Take it as a post-congratulatory gift or a bitter thank you for all the shit that you've done to me."

"Let us go, I swear to God!" Officer Fontaine bellowed, his cheeks turning red. "Mayor Jang, sir! Please, help us!"

"Send in your troops, Kennedy," Y/N boldly agreed. "You've got four souls to rescue. That's right, Ivy, your pretty, little boyfriend's here with me. Get jealous."

And just like that, a spur of envy coursed through the girl's veins as she mentally cursed the villain's name. Clenching her fists, she turned to her father. A teardrop sped down her smooth complexion, twinkling as it reflected the glittering chandelier overhead. She mildly sniffled, catching Mayor Jang's attention. He swiftly patted her back, his heart cracking into pieces at the sight of his daughter crying. Mrs. Jang pursed her painted lips in annoyance. The sheer thought of their enemy exposing their secrets was enough to stir her sanity into a bubbling haze. It irked her.

"But before we start the boring chase," Y/N poked Officer Lyon's chin. "Our friend right here's got something to say about you to the world."

"Don't you fucking dare," Officer Vernier warned, a drop of spit flying off his mouth. "You pledged to hold your tongue, Bernard."

"You can't do this to us," Officer Fontaine sneered. "How could you betray everyone, you son of a bitch."

"Officer," Y/N called, pressing the tip of her gun against the man's temple. "We don't have all night. If you want to escape this hellhound, then you best retell your story to the audiences. Go on. Speak."

But to her dismay, Officer Lyon refused to utter a word and remained silent, as if his mouth had been glued shut in the middle. With a single, unimpressed tut, Y/N beckoned Pugsy forward. The buff guy strided, carrying a box full of concrete nails and a mallet.

Officers Fontaine and Vernier sweat beads as they witnessed how Y/N lazily crouched before their friend. It happened in a flash and all they could ever recognize was Officer Lyon's pained cries. They didn't get the chance to process the fact that Y/N had just impaled his left eyeball with a nail. She banged the mallet against the material to pry it deeper into the cop's socket. Officer Lyon struggled to blink, feeling the tiny veins around his blinding iris throb.

Y/N didn't stop. She ordered her puppets to move. Officer Vernier then felt a burning blade poke the skin of his neck. Officer Fontaine rolled his vision to the side and yelped as Pugsy held a staple gun to his face.

"This is your last shot, officer," the girl threatened. "I'm not one to give the people who have wronged me a second chance, but goddamn, you're lucky."

"Don't you fucking talk!" Officer Vernier choked out. "Shut it, Bernard!"

"For the love of God, your protests won't change anything!" Y/N furiously yelled. "The people are tuning in, officer and you're being obvious!"

"Jang Kennedy's a narcissistic sociopath."

"LYON BERNARD, YOU LYING PIECE OF SHIT—"

SNAP!

SNAP!

SNAP!

It merely took three stapler pins to silence Officer Fontaine. Sealed with blood and steel, his lips twitched in desperation. He wanted to belt out a cry, but he knew better than to make things worse. His tears treacherously traced a line across his dirty cheeks nonetheless, eventually bathing his fresh cuts, earning him an intolerable jolt of discomfort. He stiffly writhed.

Officer Vernier nearly gagged at the sight. He twisted his head sideways, much to his extreme displeasure and regret as the dagger pierced through his right temple. The policeman growled, feeling the hot blood trickle down his chin. Words of insults soon appeared all over his scrawny visage, making it seem as though he was a mere piece of paper filled with nonsense scribbles.

"Anyway," Y/N blandly disregarded. "Officer Lyon, darling, you were saying?"

"BERNARD!" Officer Vernier roared. "I'D RATHER DIE THAN TOLERATE YOUR BETRAYAL!"

"Jang Kennedy staged L/N Rue's crime to cover up his own mistakes," Officer Lyon shamefully rambled. "It was his daughter who had forcibly slept with Y/N's father and we took advantage of his mental instability to keep their reputation clean."

"Jang Kennedy and Jang Deborah were the people behind the Lancore Massacre. They trafficked children to work in their fabric factories, burned down vineyards, and killed those who dared to go against their will."

"Tell us about the charity works, sweetheart," Y/N darkly encouraged. "Let the civilians know how neglectful these privileged people are."

"All the local taxes go straight into our pockets. The CCPD have been looting from the government's vault for years. Only 20% of the city's funds fall back to the needy."

"Jang Deborah's currently planning to tear down a foster home for her new business and Jang Ivy was supposed to use Mr. and Mrs. Moulin's donation to purchase another designer bag."

"They never cared for the poor. They're nothing but plain sweet-talkers. They use their political title to dodge a lot of allegations. They always manage to shift the blame towards Y/N L/N, but no."

"L/N Rue was innocent and Y/N L/N had never killed anybody. It was us. It was solely our fault."

Mayor Jang could've sworn to have felt a cloud of steam billow from his nose as he gripped on his knees in wrath. He rose to his feet, his heart anxiously pounding inside his chest. The press will definitely swarm before the mansion's gates tomorrow morning to verify Officer Lyon's confession. Of course, he wouldn't necessarily agree to flaunt the truth behind the traitor's testimony, but it was vivid that his family's status had already been put on the line. Y/N eerily cackled in victory.

The City of Coussac was in a state of shock that night. Some refused to believe while others instantly flocked inside various pubs to materialize dozens of scandalous theories against the Jangs.

"I dare you to find me, Kennedy," Y/N challenged. "See if you can rescue your bastards too."

"WHORE!" Officer Vernier spat. "YOU'RE GONNA ROT IN JAIL, I GUARANTEE YOU!"

"You're lucky I didn't let my men stab you to death," Y/N sighed. "You should be thanking me, you filthy imbecile."

"GODDAMN YOU!"

"Run along, Pugsy. Strip these clowns naked and tell the boys to throw them somewhere far, be it in the woods or in the middle of the ocean, I don't care."

"Yes, miss."

"I'll see you soon, Kennedy," the criminal blew a kiss to the camera. "And tell your daughter that her man's in danger. Buh-bye."

_____꧁❀꧂_____