10 : 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖱𝗈𝗈𝗍 𝖮𝖿 𝖵𝖾𝗇𝗀𝖾𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

_____꧁❀꧂_____

The cold midnight breeze drifting from the window made Y/N shiver. She pulled the thick covers higher over her naked body, savoring the warmth that it gave her as she continued to spiral into the depths of her nightmares. Beads of sweat trickled down her neck, a lump of fear and heartache strangling her consciousness.

"Papa.."

"Let him go.."

"He didn't do anything.."

Inspector Kang watched the scene unravel before his tired eyes. The criminal struggled to wake in her bed, her dry lips falling apart to belt a sad cry. He listened intently, trying to make out the words she had densely mumbled, yet he couldn't understand a single thing. Stepping outside the closet, he glowered next to her unconscious frame.

Y/N tossed to her side, the fabric falling off her chest. The detective mindlessly blushed and quickly diverted his gaze elsewhere. He balled his fists in agitation as he tolerated the female's nightmarish whimpers.

_____________________________

Y/N dreamt about it like it was a clear, summer's day. She was merely 17, begrudged and anxious as she sat in the middle of the courtroom, her eyes fixated on her wobbling father who settled unsteadily on his seat. He was yet to face his trial for something he hadn't truly done— a well-woven tell-tale about how he had molested Mayor Jang's daughter, Ivy.

"Officer Vernier, you claim to see Jang Ivy stripped naked in her bedroom with the defendant present during the occasion" the prosecutor stated. "Isn't that correct?"

"Yes."

The Jang's legal representative nodded. Y/N took a swig of her own saliva, her heart beating at an odd rhythm. Her father, Rue, remained cross-legged on his cushion, fiddling with the calloused pads of his thumbs. His eyes childishly wandered, his tongue sticking out as he slightly flinched out of the blue.

"And you believe that L/N Rue harassed her?"

"I do," Officer Vernier tensed. "Even the defendant claimed to have done so."

"You also presented photos to the jury a while ago regarding with the evidences found in the crime scene— both L/N Rue and Jang Ivy's clothes on the floor, bloodstains on the duvet, and a copy of the victim's medical records."

"That's right."

Parents of the young plaintiff, Mayor Jang and Jang Deborah, lowered their heads in grief. Ivy crossed her arms, her dark irises shooting glares of disgust at Rue. Mayor Jang gritted as if it was the worst tragedy the world had to witness. Y/N furrowed her brows.