Trying to help

Later that evening Kian walked into Connor's room and asked if he could talk to me, and only me.
"Sure. What's it about?" I asked, walking into his bedroom. He closed the door behind me and sad on his bed, putting his head in his hands.
"You're a normal girl right?" He asked. I raised my eyebrow.
"Depends on your definition of normal..." I responded.
"Nevermind about that. Andrea and I have been dating for a while but she says I'm slipping away from her and I need your help. What the hell does that mean?!" He started getting really upset. Tears filled his eyes and I backed up a little. He seemed really angry.
"It means that she feels like you don't really care about her anymore," I responded. He sat back down and looked out his window in front of us.
"Why would she think that?! Wait..." he said. He got up and walked over to his calendar.
"damn!" He yelled, slamming his fist against the wall. I got the chills. He was kind of scaring me and I hate when people scare me. I mean, on occasion I like watching scary movies and such but I don't want a movie to become reality.
But what was he so upset about?
"What's wrong?" I asked him. His eyes widened as he looked at me.
"I forgot her god damn birthday! Thats what's wrong!" He yelled. Connor ran in the room, terrified. He saw me on the bed with a worried expression and an angry Kian pacing back and forth a few feet away from me.
"What the hell is going on?" Connor asked, angry but nervous.
"Andrea, I think her name is, got mad at Kian and he just discovered the reasoning behind it all," I responded, calming myself down. But my eyes were still wide open and I probably looked as scared as I felt.
I stood up when Connor tugged on my arm.
"We are gonna go Kian. Just talk to her. It will all work out," Connor said and pulled me out of the room.
"Thank you" I whispered in Connor's ear. I was so thankful that he saved me from that ball of terror right there. I actually kind of felt a little bit of pity for Kian. He lost a girlfriend because he had forgotten her birthday. That must really suck. Especially because he made it obvious that he loved her.
"You're welcome. And I just hope for the future that that never happens again."